Wednesday, August 8, 2007

14 days ...5hours...45 minutes....

It's been that long since I have:held my sweet little girl.
It felt so good! Today, Dr. Abraham pulled out her chest drain, remaining pacing wires and her atrial line into her heart! NO MORE TUBES IN HER CHEST! Yeah...and that means I could hold her! She still has a couple venous and central lines in her legs...and the oxygen and feeding tube....but the TUBES COME FALLING OUT!
Overall, she has been doing well...it was a little rocky this morning. She was breathing really hard and her chest was a little stiff and gunky...but they have increased her breathing treatments to every 2 hours. She is a little gaggy but we think that is withdrawal from the pain medicine they have been weaning. But..it's been over 24 hours and we think we're out of the woods. They are keeping a close eye on her...but all looks good.

Not long after I got to hold Kate...my other sweetie came in too! Both my babies in my arms....what a wonderful feeling! Boy did Kate wake up to hear Seth's voice...she missed her big brother.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

YEA! YEA! YEA!!! What wonderful pictures.... I am sure that there is no better feeling right now than holding Kate in your arms!!! I am sure that there is NO better feeling for her either! So sweet!!! I bet Seth was sure glad to see her, too!

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

What great news and great pictures!! Today had to be good medicine for all! God bless!

Dave & Nancy

Melissa said...

I'm so glad she's finally in your arms where she belongs! Those are wonderful pictures and I'm glad Seth got to talk to his little sister too! I now know how much the older brother means to the younger sibling! God bless you all.

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL picture! I bet you won't be putting her in the bed any time soon! God Bless! PTL that you have passed the 24 hour mark with no vent! Rejoicing with you! Heartfully, Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Krista & Andy
Just home from Michigan and what a beautiful sight to see you holding Kate and the one of you with Kate and Seth. Her eyes are open wide with big brother there. Also loved the one of Daddy reading her book to her. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful moments. Thoughts and prayers continue.
Love and hugs,
Art & Reen