Sunday, August 19, 2007

Back At It

We're back at normal life in full swing....grocery shopping, laundry, making supper, paying bills...all that fun stuff I thought I so desperately missed. It is just good to be home with the 4 of us...and since it was a yucky rainy day...we didn't feel guilty about just staying home and being together!

Kate is doing fine...I guess. It is obvious she is still pretty drugged, tired and GRUMPY. She has been eating decently but it takes her a while. We're still trying to figure out her milk thing....at times she'll only take it from a sippy cup...but occasionally she wants a bottle.

Last night, she slept from 9-2, 3-5 and 6-8! I guess that's not too bad for the 1st night home. I guess I just have to learn to go to bed when she does, but being a night owl, that usually doesn't work for me...but I just PRAY PRAY PRAY she will start sleeping through the night within a week...I have no idea if that is unrealistic, but who am I to limit God?

She has been taking a lot of naps throughout the day...waking for eating, some playing and when I have to wake her for her medicine. She isn't too smiley yet and is pretty fussy, if you can't read what exactly she is wanting at that moment. She is still weak, but I know that time heals and she will be back to her old self soon! I am just so grateful we could bring her home...even though she still has some recovering to do. We'll make it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so good to know that you are all home and getting back to your normal life. I checked with Pastor Sunberg to see if he had the latest news about Kate. He was DELIGHTED when I told him that Kate is home. He talked about what a special little girl she is and what a nice visit he had with her grandparents when he was on his way to the Indy airport.
Your 25 blessings are a great reminder that God really does make all things work out for good to those who love him. I'm sure you left a very positive testimony of God's goodness with everyone there at St. Vincent's. It's awesome that God's Spirit can be evident in us even in the darkest most trying times.
Praying for continued blessings on you and that Kate will soon be sleeping through the night.
Carol M.

Melissa said...

Kids bounce back so quickly. I'm sure she'll be back to her old happy self soon! take care and keep updating, in your 'free' time!