Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Exhaustion

Exhaustion has pretty much set in around here. Honestly, it has been a pretty rough couple days with Kate home...and that's even with Andy home too! Bless his heart...he has taken Monday and Tuesday off of work to help...in fact he drove into school at 3 am to do lesson plans.

We're hoping Kate is just having some withdrawal issues...the biggest being that she isn't eating much. I am paranoid as to how much she needs/should be eating and definitely don't want her to get dehydrated. We are taking her into her pediatrician tomorrow to get his opinion. She has been throwing up after she drinks an ounce or two of milk...we don't know if she has an intolerance for the whole milk or if it is withdrawal side-effects....all I know it is stressing me out!

So...prayers are needed around here...especially for little Kate who is obviously still in pain and/or withdrawal. It is so hard for me to see her in such discomfort.. Also...mommy could use some prayers too...prayers for patience and wisdom, especially in the midst of lack of sleep. It will get better...but right now, it's hard for me to "see the light."

I'm off to bed...at least for a couple hours I hope!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh shoot! I'm sorry you're having such a rough go of it. Withdrawl, if that is what it is, can really make kids miserable. We're great at keeping kids sedated when they're intubated and keeping them comfortable, but dealing with the withdrawl is the pits afterward! I will keep you all in my prayers and please let me know if there is anything I can do, long distance anyway!

Anonymous said...

Praying you'll get some answers and SLEEP too! I so know what your going through! With Timmy I think for awhile we were either in the doc's office or ER because I was such a nervous wreck! There is such an after effect of Life in the PICU. I guess we get so comfortable knowing help is right out in the hall. Praying you guys will get rest all of you! Heartfully, Jennifer

Deanna said...

Dear one.... know that I'm praying for you! I'm sure it will get better SOON but am guessing that is hard to remember in the midst of the trials!!! Hang in there, sweetie!

Much love!