Saturday, August 18, 2007

Home Sweet Home...

Yes it is...both kids are fast asleep in their beds and half the bags are unpacked...it is so good to be home...and to a VERY CLEAN ONE AT THAT. I can't thank my dust fairies enough....HUGE THANK YOU! Kate has had a "real" bath and has played a little...most of all she has slept! She is really enjoying the quiet...sleep my little princess....sleep!

It is weird that 12 hours ago she was in an ICU and now she is just sleeping away with no monitors and no nurse standing by! I have a feeling I will be up several times tonight feeding her, so hopefully my "fears" will be relieved by frequent checks!

Just wanted to let all you faithful BLOG readers know...life is real again and our internet is slow....don't expect multiple entries a day! I will definitely update daily the next few weeks and keep everyone "in touch" with Kate's progress and probably my insanity. Most likely...the entries will be late at night...once my charges have hit the sack! I am so humbled by all of you who are so faithful to my ramblings...thanks for caring.

Well..I am off to MY OWN SHOWER! WOO HOO!!!!!! Life is Good..and so is GOD!

5 comments:

Deanna said...

THANK YOU, SWEET LORD!!!! I was SOOOOO thrilled to return home from our time in Muncie and read your FABULOUS blog updates!!! Welcome home, Laymans!!!! :)

We love you!

Melissa said...

So glad you are all back in your own home, your own beds and your own showers! Isn't it the little things in life that you miss when you're away. Can't wait to keep checking in for the wonderful updates, but I will limit it to once a day! I promise! Take care, you are such an awesome family to care for!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Bar Harbor, ME!
We finally got a motel with WiFi so we could check on Kate! We are so pleased to hear that you are home! Praise God for so many answered prayers. We hope life just gets very "boring" for you now; we are sure that you could use it that way! We are leaving on the ferry for Nova Scotia in the AM, but we will continue to check the blog and will, of course, keep your family in our prayers.

Ron and Sherry

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding us all to be thankful for the little things. So happy you are all home at last.

Dave & Nancy

Kelly said...

I have been following Kate through your blog for the past two weeks. I have an 8 month old son who also has TOF, PA, and MAPCA's. He has had two surgeries and is not yet fully repaired. I have been praying for Kate and her recovery. I have been praying for you and your family as you stayed at the hospital. The picture of you sitting on the chair holding your daughter brought back memories. Why don't they have more comfortable chairs? I always wonder that while we are in the hospital. Mostly, I am so glad that your beautiful daughter is home once again with a repaired heart. Thank you for letting me share the journey with you.
Kelly
(My son's carepage is JacksHeartUpdate if you want to check it out.)