Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Blood and Calcium....YUM YUM!

Sorry...they told us we could come back and see her. Like I was saying.....The surgery was a little more difficult...but the hole is closed and she is doing well. She responds really well to extra blood and calcium right after surgery....that aspect we have been 3/3 in her surgeries. Her blood pressure responded well....and currently all her numbers look good.

I was a little nervous...cause a man in scrubs (we have never met) walked by and reacted to her "numbers" He said "what did you do?" The doctor responded: "Gave her blood and Calcium" I questioned this, as I was thrown off that some random doctor was noticing her numbers...turns out he was the profusionist...the doctor who ran her heart/lung machine (there's your new word for the day!) Anyway...he knew her case and history and story and knew her blood pressure was too low after surgery and wondered how they got it up so quickly.

They do know what they are doing around here...they are pretty quick to get her numbers in acceptable ranges. We, are doing okay....trying to keep our sense of humor. We know we are in for another long night....but so far so good!

Catch ya later....gotta go love on my little girl...she may not know it...but still....I just gotta do it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Krista,Thank you for all of the updates.I am home most of the time,so I can check and pray all day.Our God is so good and I know that you are all in His wonderful
arms and surrounded by love.
In His wonderful love.
marilyn Minch(friend of Cathy and Larry)

Anonymous said...

Krista and Andy,
You and sweet Kate are continuously on my mind and in my heart. I am so happy to hear that surgery went well. Praying for your continued encouragement and hope.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so tht you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Rom 15:13.
Love and prayers, Carol M.

Anonymous said...

Thank God for good doctors. I have prayed all day. I hope you have a somewhat peaceful night - Kate, too. Thanks for the update. I must have checked 5 or 6 times today. Nancy G.

Anonymous said...

Dear Andy and Krista,
Thank you for keeping us updated and know you have been in our prayers all day. So thankful little Kate is doing well after surgery.
It was fun to see Seth today when he was here. He showed me the refrigerator and said "no food". He is so very dear and really being good for his grandparents.
Mama is doing well.
God Bless you all.
Bonnie and Jerry

Anonymous said...

Krista & Andy
Been thinking of you and Kate and lots of prayers today. Glad this surgery is over and numbers look good. Looking forward to the next update. Keep loving on her. Loved the picture of Seth. Glad he is with Oompa and Nana. Will check in bofore bed.
Take care and God bless. Love and Hugs, Art & Reen

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to leave a quick note to say that I have been praying for all of you! I "check in" on the latest every day and hope things continue to go as well as they can. Let the other families in the PICU know that prayers are being said for them too! Keep the faith! LeAnne Stahl

Anonymous said...

Krista, your "lovin' on" Kate is the work of a lifetime and she knows you are there for her. Congratulations on the good news! I'm beaming sunshine your way. Love,Susan

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news for that Sweet Baby.....Fantastic. Sounds like the all is coming right along. I keep updated daily on all of you and also keep you in my thoughts and prayers.....God Bless.....John and Linda S