Wednesday, August 15, 2007

You've Got the....

CUTEST LITTLE BABY FACE

Isn't she just adorable! She has been tube free on her face all night. Her oxygen levels are still just on the border....when she falls fast asleep, sometimes she needs the cannula right next to her face (not taped!) I'm so GLAD to see my little girl's complete face.
Today...the intensivist said: "Let's make a regular kid out of ya" So...she gets to eat what, when and how much she wants. We will start some simple baby foods today and she how she does. I would love it if she went a little longer than 3 hours at night...we were so past the newborn baby thing! Thanks to our great night nurse who did the 5am feeding...I was able to sleep from 3-8! That's not gonna cut it for long. Plus...the doctor said we may possibly move upstairs if the surgeon okays it! We still have till Friday for IV antibiotics...but at least it's a move in the right direction.
Well...maybe I'll start getting "things together" down here in Room 8! It's amazing how much "stuff" you can accumlate in 3 weeks.
I will praise You, O Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all Your wonders.
I will be glad and rejoice in You;
I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.
Psalm 9: 1-2

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Kate! She looks beautiful! When we left after 3 weeks we had 3 carts full of stuff and that was AFTER stuff had been taken home! Hopefully Kate will get to go for a wagen ride! Heartfully, Jenny

Melissa said...

She looks so much better than she did when I left Sat am!! I'm so happy for you all! Hoping you are home very very soon!!

Deanna said...

Way to go, Kate!!! Hope that she loves her baby food today! More prunes?!! Yum, yum!!!

Anonymous said...

What an Awesome Photos of that Gorgeuos Baby Girl.....so glad to hear she is tube free....You just want to come in there and squeeze her....Take care and GodBless.....J and L

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see her beautiful face free of tubes! I'm so happy things are lookin' up - excited that you may be home soon! You go, girl! ;) Gina