Saturday, September 8, 2007

Engima...

1. something that baffles understanding and cannot be explained
2. a difficult problem

Well...this has been the word that describes Kate's condition! Nobody can explain it...Nobody understands why her heart is not working like it should....and it is definitely causing a difficult problem.

Kate has been a little bit better today. She has eaten a little bit better. Her puffiness is a little bit better. With Kate...it is just such a roller coaster. This morning, she looked really bad, had no energy, slept a lot and was really puffy. This afternoon....she looked better, is sitting up and dancing to her bongo drum and actually took some baby food. She just sends my emotions all over the place.

We are in the process of setting up a "care conference" with a cardiologist, surgeon, and intensivist. I truthfully don't think we will get a lot of answers to the questions we have...but at the same time, it will be good to get everybody in the same room to answer some questions. One big question we have is whether to transfer her to UofM for a 2nd opinion and the other is how we get her home the quickest. We think it will be Thursday afternoon...maybe by then we'll have more clues as to whether the extra lasix is doing the trick or if she continue to decline or have problems.

It's definitely a scary time...especially when you hear "chronic congestive heart failure"....you just continue to ride the roller coaster....crying one minute....laughing with Kate the next! Mom is here with me now as Andy is home with Seth and getting some home chores done.

Love to all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mommy,
I wanted to let you know I'm not home helping daddy, I'm in
Portland with grandma and pampaw.
I'll be with daddy tomorrow night.
I love and miss you,
Give Kate a kiss for me.
Love Seth

Samantha said...

Krista--
I just wanted to let you know that I continue to keep sweet Kate in my prayers. I am so sorry that you are going through all of this, no family should have to endure all this ever! You are doing an amazing job and I know that your sweet Kate will behave soon enough...she just loves all that special attention.
Heart Hugs,
Samantha
www.caringbridge.org/visit/micahmajor

Anonymous said...

For all of us, the future just comes one day at a time. Celebrate today's "small stuff." It's the building block for navigating through tomorrow.

Love and Hugs, Susan

Deanna said...

Love you guys and hope that today is a great day! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Krista,
We are praying for you every day and you are in our thoughts. Keep the faith!

Ken