Saturday, September 1, 2007

Rub a Dub Dub...Kate in a Tub

Kate was in desperate need of a "real bath." Well...they don't have a baby bath here at the PICU...so we improvised.And....it only took mommy, nurse Christie and Betty (the secretary) to get it done. I was surprised that she didn't like it more...she loves her baths at home. It was good for mommy as we were able to get a lot of yucky tape off of her, which just drives me crazy.

But..she was a happy camper when it was all over...all snuggled in her pink blankie. She got a weight check and she was up .3 kilograms (about 10 ounces) in one day to a total of 17lbs 6 oz. She will get daily weight checks...as that will be important that she is eating enough to gain weight. She needs to "pick it up" a little when it comes to the bottle...so we are giving her Pediasure which just adds some extra nutrients and "stuff" to her diet.

She is definitely a mommy's girl right now...but I escaped for a couple hours to go to a movie and icecream with Mira. It's been great spending so much time with my roomie, Mira...I just HATE it that it is under these circumstances. It was good to get out and just relax....but of course, Kate didn't eat real well for the nurse...she better step it up for Nana and Grandma when they come this weekend.

Andy and Seth have been busy boys at home building a garden for us for next Spring. I am excited about getting home again tomorrow to spend some more time with the boys. Well..Kate is screaming her head off...so I better go snuggle. Love to all.


Kate found her feet again...she loves those feet!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Those are great pictures! I'm sorry I didn't get more of a chance to talk with you and Kate this weekend, bad weekend for me at work! ;o) Have a great time with your boys and know that Kate will be loved on and well taken care of!