Thursday, September 27, 2007

Technical Difficulties

So sorry for no posts...but this time it was due to our computer and not a trip with Kate! She is doing great...in fact, we have a great video of her tonight...maybe I can figure out how to get that on the BLOG! She has had a great day and is lovin' life right now!

As far as the computer...last night, after a power outage...our computer wouldn't turn on. After talking with some foreign guy...probably in some foreign country...for an hour I gave up! He kept wanting me to disassemble my computer...and that is definitely not one of my forte's. He told me we probably needed a new motherboard...sounded expensive to me! Well, this morning after a quick chat with a computer guru...he suggested I take it and and have it checked out...and fortunately, it was only the power supply...$40 and 20 minutes later...our computer was working again! YEAH! I had nightmares of lost info and pictures and trying to figure out how to fit a new computer into our budget! God was watching over us this time! YEAH! Guess it is a warning to backup all of our important stuff though!

Speaking of power outages...we had one for about 90 minutes last night! Luckily, it was after Seth was to bed and we didn't have to worry about him. However...candles as your only source of light and a huge tank of oxygen made me a little nervous! But...we just used a flashlight with Kate, fed her and we were all in bed by 9:45! WOW! But don't get to excited...2 of us were up again by 10:45...any guesses???

But...overall a great day! Seth and I even got a nice swim in this evening at the pool. It was well heated and a perfect night to swim. I am amazed at how well he is doing in the water... He would dive down to the bottom of the pool and pick up things (with my help of course, pushing him down!) I think that is pretty impressive! Add school, a walk, a meeting with Kate's therapy agency, meals and playtime....a great Thursday to be at home! Thank you Jesus!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like things are going so well for you all right now. Sounds like you are truly enjoying your family time together. I will keep you in my prayers. Please pray for Zachary tomorrow afternoon as we are having an endoscopy to diagnose some ongoing problems.

Judy Davis said...

Dear Krista and Andy, So, so glad that things are going good for you & Kate.
It was so nice seeing you at the Kroger Store earlier this week! I was a little worried when you did not send a blog but the broken
computer expalains it.
God bless you.
Love, Judy & Charlie