Monday, December 31, 2007

Woo Hoo!!

Wow...I am amazed at the response on our game. What joy you all brought me! Now...keep it up...don't make me raise the stakes again! I love it! They totally take my mind off of the whole "hospital life" and remind me of friends and family from home (and all over the country). I have read them ALL multiple times.


I just wanted to take a minute to say thanks! A HUGE THANKS to all of you. Your support of us during this leg of our journey with Kate has been amazing. The cards...the prayers...the $...the gifts...the calls...the emails..the gift cards....the food....they all are so precious to us! We value them all and we literally couldn't get through this without all of you (and Jesus too!) We have also been humbled by the groups that have gone together to support us! I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of your help in lessening the financial end of being in hospitals with Kate!



Gracepoint Nazerne Church (our home church)
West Walnut Church of Christ (Cathy's & Andy's home church in Portland)
Whitko Middle School (where Andy teaches)
Friday Night Supper Club (my parents friends)
Canterbury School (where my parents work)
St. Vincent PICU Staff (Kate's 2nd home)
Jay County School Corporation (Andy's hometown)
Covenant UMC (former church where I used to work)
Harvest Community Church (A church that just loved on us)
Deanna's Small Group (Christian sisters who I don't yet know!)
Patent Awards (My sister-in-law's workplace)

For any "blog readers" ---strangers and friends--- who are a part of one of these organizations...we give you our humble thanks! You are a blessing! Thank you for sharing the love of Christ with us! It definitely takes a village...so glad you are a part of it!

So...in honor of celebrating our 100 posts and ending the year on a great note with Kate's healing and recooperation...here's a little video of her great night last night!

15 comments:

Melissa said...

Love the video! She looks great. You all are loved by so many! We have been blessed to have our lives touched by your family and wish we could do more! Thinking of you all the time!

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!
See you tomorrow.
Nana and Oompa

Anonymous said...

I laughed,cried,prayed and thanked God for this
beautiful sweet angel and all who love and care
for her. Have a great time with your boys and
the little princess!!
Keep the news coming.
Love,Marilyn form Portland

klingshirn said...

We are the Klingshirn family from the First Church of Christ in Ft. Recovery, OH. I am a step-sister to Shari, Bill, & Kevin (Haworth). Our family and church have been praying for you and Kate. When we started praying at home for this little girl named Kate who has a heart problem, my kids played the 1000 question game. But we continue to pray for her recovery and your family. Words can't describe the example you have set in dealing with this. Kate looks adorable and we hope she gets better every day and can get to come home soon. I often think if God was to write another book today of modern times who would be mentioned in it and how we viewed the world and I honestly think you guys would be mentioned for you faith, patience, and giving all the glory to God in every circumstance--you guys are unbelievabe!! We will continue to pray and check your blog--I'm hooked, probably check it 2 - 3 times a day looking for updates!! Anyhow, hope every day is better and sending all our prayers!

Anonymous said...

I am so encouraged at how good Kate looks in the slide show. We certainly are praying for continued healing for this little girl who has touched so many (and of course your whole family).
Today @ 5 PM they are to be issuing a winter advisory for Adams, Jay, etc. It is to last until 7 AM Tues. I have heard we could get up to 5" by tomorrow and the winds are to start blowing. I'm telling you this to give you something else to think about! The weather seems great right now, so we'll have to see if the prediction is correct.
Have a great day with your family. I'm excited for you to have your "men" joining you in Michigan today.
Love & prayers,
Tricia Haworth

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy and Krista,
Little Kate looks so good and the video of her is so encouraging. God is answering our prayers definatly. We are praying for you all and love you all.
Sheri for us four

Anonymous said...

We, too, are grateful that so many people are helping take care of your needs, but you don't realize how much you help strengthen our faith with the testimony of your journey. Thanks again for sharing your heartfelt thoughts with us as God continues with you on this journey. As always we pray that His Will is done in your lives and ours. The Alexander's

Anne said...

Kate looks great! Keep it up baby Kate! Hang in there mommy. Praying for lots more good nights in 2008!

Anonymous said...

That was a beautiful video. Ray and I really enjoy seeing each and every video. God Bless and HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Take care of yourselves!
Ray and Karen

Anonymous said...

KK--

I hope 2008 brings you, Andy & Seth lots of joy, peace and laughter. I hope the New Year brings Kate good health and many more days of happiness.

Thinking of you today & always!!

XOXO,
Mira :)

Kathy said...

She looks great!
I love the video!
That is a nice way to end the year....Thanks for keeping us updated!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Krista, we have been gone and I haven't had computer access...ugh! What a myriad of emotions as I read thru the past 2 weeks. So many things to be grateful for and one certainly is technology to keep us all updated and able to catch up on what's been happening! You are all loved and prayed for every day by so many friends. Your efforts to keep us all in the 'loop' are so appreciated...and I'm always encouraged and inspired by your strength, faith and knowledge. I continue to learn and grow from you!:) Looking forward to good health for Kate in 2008!!:)
Donna

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!
Wish I could see the princess but
I think she will be home soon.
Love you,
Mom (Cathy) Mammaw

Anonymous said...

We're thinking of you. Glad to see that she is improving. Your faith is inspiring. Wishing you and your family a blessed new year!
Barry and Sharon

Anonymous said...

Krista, thanks for sharing the video with all of us! Kate looks great! This last day of '07 has been sunny all day. Even if we get snow tonight it will not diminish the joy of seeing Kate so happy! Thanks for sharing all your thoughts with us. Prayers will continue on in 2008 that Kate, and Seth, and Krista, and Andy have a safe, healthy, and Happy New Year! Linda