Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Brick Wall

Well...my lack of sleep has hit me like a brick wall today. I've had to sneek in a couple quick naps...one while Seth was at school...and another during his before bedtime movie (wasn't planning on that one!) But...I'm exhausted physically today...the mental exhaustion has been there...but today...I'm just plain tired! I think the adrenaline rush is winding down. So...Andy and I are going to watch American Idol on the couch in front of a fire and then it's off to bed I go. No cleaning today...except for a few bathroom drawers during bathtime. Guess I'll have to hit it extra hard tomorrow!

Here's a few pics from our escapades in the snow today! What fun it was...until I tried to pull him too fast on the sled and he fell off and ended up with a bloody lip! But you know what I love about kids...it can be your fault that caused them harm...and they still want you to hold them..so quick to forgive!



14 comments:

Melissa said...

Great pictures! I love Seth's red cheeks! I'm sorry that you are so tired, but I would think that the adrenalin had to wear off eventually. Rest and take time for yourself. The cleaning can wait. God bless you all!

Anonymous said...

Hope you can get some good restful sleep tonight. Looks like you had lots of fun in the snow today. Love to all of you. Nana

Mel said...

I hope you're in bed with eyes closed right now! Praying for physical rest and for "new mercies every morning".

LeeAnne said...

What fun! You are such a better mom than I. I make Gene take Lynzi out in the snow. I HATE SNOW! I did however play in the snow ONCE and made a snowman with her. Hope you get some rest! Melissa is right...the cleaning can wait! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

God Bless You! One day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time. Follow your heart and listen to your instincts.

You are both smiling in those photos, that does everyone's heart good!

Susan

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!! Thanks for sharing.

I was so touched by your previous post and what your Pastor said about Kate. She was such an amazing little girl and a blessing to us all!

Please, get your rest! Seth is going to keep you so busy and you have been through so much mentally, physically, and emotionally. Be kind to yourself. You deserve it!

Blessings!
Kim Tinker

Anonymous said...

It's great seeing you all having a fun time in the snow! What could be better than sled rides, snow angels, and a snow snack?
Praying for a loooong night of restful sleep for you.
Lots of love,
Carol

Anonymous said...

Dear Krista and Andy and Seth,

I am so very sorry to hear of Kate's passing. She was so dear and precious. I have not had a chance till today to get on line to check the Blog since we left 2 weeks ago.

I love the pictures of Seth and the snow. I hope you have a restful night. Take care and know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

We are headed home the first of next week.
Love to each of you,
Bonnie and Jerry

The Portas said...

Oh, CUTE pictures! I love them! I hope you got some good rest tonight, Krista. You sure deserve it.

Anne said...

Hope you had a restful night! So much fun with the pictures! I wish we had snow here in Texas!

Anonymous said...

We are still thinking about you, and wishing you lots of happy days ahead!
Isaac's Grandma

Anonymous said...

Wonderful way to start the day to then to see those photos. Life is moving along now and you will jump in a routine again. Sleep will come again. Thanks for sharing.
Linda S.

Anonymous said...

Reminder..

DO NOT eat the yellow snow!

Uncle Doug

Tammy said...

Interesting to know.