Monday, January 28, 2008

More Snow Fun!

Yesterday...we headed out to one of our county parks for a little hiking and sledding through the woods. It was a beautiful day...not too cold and the snow was gorgeous. I found it funny though...there were signs posted everywhere: trails closed when snow covered! HMMM? Kinda goes against the purpose of having a county park doesn't it? Others must have agreed as the trails were heavily marked by skis, footprints and sled marks. Here's a few pics from the day...the sledding was okay...the hill wasn't huge and the snow wasn't really deep enough...but fun enough for a 3 year old!




Today was quite a busy day for Seth and I. The morning began by a visit from a plumber. Yeah...me and the garbage disposal had a fight last night and it won! Andy successfully unclogged it...but when I tried to replace the pipes...one came out of the wall. OOPS! But...the plumber was quite appalled at the pipes that were there (and they did leak before all this)...so we have all new pipes under the kitchen sink! So glad it was fixed so soon...as doing the dinner dishes without running water was a real chore!

Then...the exterminator came! We've been battling these tiny ants for over a year! Sporadically they just show up...usually when there is some sort of treat left on the floor! We've tried everything...but this morning when they were swarming under the sink (guess there were left over garbage disposal goodies down there)...I was quick to call! 5 minutes & $100 bucks later...we were professionally sprayed for ants! I think I will be adding exterminator to my glow-in-the-dark sword business!

After lunch and some playing: off on a few errands! We stopped by the funeral home to pick up an extra video of Kate. Seth said: this is where we said "goodbye" to Kate. It was so cute...when the director handed me the DVD case (with Kate's picture on it) Seth quickly grabbed it from me...looked at Kate...smiled...but then held it close to his chest! I think he really does miss his sister. We checked out the local Y to see if we want to join or not. Seth LOVES swimming and it would be a great place for him to be able to swim year round...and get lessons! I think we may join later this week! Then a trip to Sams...basically for milk and to order some pictures...but can you ever get out of Sams for less than $75...I can't!

Andy went back to work last Friday....so this week starts one of his first full weeks in a while! As soon as I'm done with this post...I'm heading up to help him grade some tests...ah the joys of teaching! And hopefully...an early night! I'm still not sleeping well...so I'm really dragging during the days!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Krista,

I am so glad you are keeping up the blog. I love to see what you guys are up to and I love the pictures of Seth. He is adorable!! Looks like you guys are keeping busy and having fun.

Continued prayers and blessings!
Kim Tinker

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the cute pictures and for the continuation of your blog.
Ray & Karen

Anonymous said...

Glad you got rid of the ants and the leaky pipe. Looks like you had a great day in the snow. How sweet is Seth?

Love Nana

PS Hope you sleep better. Know what you mean!

Kathy said...

Girl...I'd be dragging too if I sledded, went to Sam's, ran all of you other errands, met the plumber, met the exterminator...and ran around with a 3 year old. If I even get up at 6:00 and stay up...that's enough to drain me by lunch time!!! Seriously...I could use a 3 hour nap each day and 12 hours of sleep each night. Now...that will NEVER happen....but, it's what I could do!!!
We had those never ending ants...and just decided to keep the exterminators coming. They come every other month to spray. Check into some type of plan like that...then, you'll never have to worry!!!
And what fun swimming lessons will be. My Eli (who is 5) still doesn't know how to swim...and we have a pool in the backyard...it scares me...I'll have to research lessons for him now...
Good job MAMA!

Melissa said...

Looks like a fun and busy day for you and Seth! Hoping that Andy gets settled back into the work week and that you are able to get some rest!

The Portas said...

Leaky pipes, ants, Sams run, errands, the Y, sledding....whew! You busy lady, you.
That's great that Seth loves swimming so much. I think it's so important for little ones to be able to swim. What a little cutie he is. :)
I'm so glad that you are continuing this blog. It's so good to check in on you guys.

Have you tried Tylenol PM for sleeping? Way back before I had major stress in my life, I used to have a hard time sleeping at night. If I took one of those before bed, I could usually get a full 8 hours. You've probably already tried that, but I thought it was worth mentioning..

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!

I just accidently clicked on one of the pictures of Seth in the snow and instantly, I got a full screen version of the shot! It's WONDERFUL!!!!!

Oh Techno-Wiz Krista ...How'd you do that?!?

Prayers, Hugs, and Love, Susan
Mira's Mom - Southeastern Pennsylvania

LeeAnne said...

Ok Super Mom! :) Glad you had a good day. I bet Andy missed his kids at school. I am so glad they worked with him on his time off! Seth is so cute...his little red cheeks and all. Lynzi said, "SETH!!!" when I brought the blog up. I hope you get some rest! Love you guys!

Anne said...

That snow looks like so much fun. I hope there is some this weekend while we are in Upland visiting my parents! So sweet of Seth to want to hold the picture of Kate! I hope he grows up just remembering all the good times they were able to have during her short life! Hope you are getting some much needed rest.

Samantha said...

$75! That is great! When I go to Costco (the same as Sam's) I am lucky to get out of there spending less than $300! My husband begs me not to go!

I MISS the snow! It looks so beautiful! We never get beautiful snow here...just ice and cold. I am so glad that Seth enjoyed the sledding...that is one thing that I remember so vividly from my childhood.

Your plumbing and ant fiasco would so happen to me! I am glad that you managed to get through it!

That was so sweet about Seth and the DVD of Kate. It must be hard for him to put it all together and express how he is feeling about the loss of her.

Love,
Samantha

The McConkey's said...

Little sisters have such a sweet way of melting their big brother's hearts. How wonderful that Seth has those feelings for Kate. It will give his memories strength.

You'll have to let us know what you think about the Y. I've been telling myself to go take a tour for about 2 years now. Someday I'll get there.

Anonymous said...

Hi Krista! As always it is wonderful to read about you and your family. I'm glad you are keeping busy. I know nothing is easy. You do have a way, though, of making it seem that way. We are all still thinking of you.

Always,

Amy G.

Anonymous said...

Krista,

Glad you guys had a good time at the park. Seth is such a great kid. Thanks for keeping up the blog. We have to do the Science Central trip - I couldn't quite get it together for last weekend. Talk to you soon,
Carrie