Friday, February 22, 2008

Birthverse

What's your birthverse?

So I saw this on my friend Vanessa's (Arianna's mom!) blog. I thought it was really cool! Thought I would share it with my awesome readers too!

Andy's Serve the LORD with fear and rejoice with trembling. Psalm 2:11 NIV

Krista's Nevertheless, each one should retain the place in life that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him . . .1 Corinthians 7:17 NIV

Seth's And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8 NIV

Kate's Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Matthew 6:26 NIV
(How cool is that...her life so short...but so so valuable! Amen!!)

I really want to see how I can really apply my verse to my life! What is my place? To what has God called me? I hope I'm there! As far as Seth's....acting justly and loving mercy...from a 3 year old? We've got a lot of work to do! And Andy...what an awesome servant of God he is...from serving Him to us to his students!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Genesis 9:13 NIV
I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

That's my verse. It's a great reminder of God's power and his promises!

Also, hope you have a great time at the waterpark!

Anonymous said...

Krista,
Perhaps God has called you to be a spokesperson to make people aware and to raise funds for the research of congenital heart disease among babies and children.
Or maybe a motivational speaker.
YOU COULD DO IT!
Cathy

Mel said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I've never heard of it before, but here is mine:

Galatians 2:20 NIV
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

What a prayer of my heart that this would be true - for me and for everyone I love, too! Thanks for sharing.