Sunday, February 10, 2008

Date Night!

Andy and I had "Date Night" tonight...complete with a great dinner, movie and coffee afterwards. It has been forever since we had a complete night out...and now I know why...it's dog-garn EXPENSIVE! Whew...but it was a treat...and great to just re-connect with each other. Andy even let us see a "romantic comedy!" How sweet is that!

The 3 of us went to Portland last night and spent the night with Grandma. We left Seth there today so that Andy and I could have our night out! Thanks Grandma...what a treat! We'll pick the boy up tomorrow evening.

While in Portland...I saw Kate's gravesite for the 1st time in daylight. Her graveside service was inside the cemetary chapel...as it was freezing. We went back to the cemetary after the funeral dinner, but it was dark and hard to see! It's just a place I never imagine being...standing at my infant daughter's grave. The flowers have died and there is still a mound of mud/dirt...so I didn't find a lot of comfort in going there...but I did find comfort in having her next to her "Pampa." I didn't know at first if I wanted her buried over an hour away...but I really think it's the right place for her to be. The cemetary is within walking distance of Cathy's house...so she takes great care of the sites...that's a comfort too! UGGHGHGH...it just all stinks!!!

Well...I slept in at Grandma's this morning...took a nap this afternoon before date night...and had a cup of Chai at 10:oo pm....I think I'll be up for a while tonight! I might try to organize all the photos on our computer...it's been since June...so there are a ton. Guess I'm on my way down memory lane.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I am so happy that you guys got to enjoy a date night. You deserve it! I hope that you get to indulge yourselves in more of them (even it it is just window shopping at the mall together, so you don't spend so much :) )

I am sure that was very difficult to visit Kate's gravesite. I cannot even imagine what that must feel like for you. I wish I could just make everything all better for all of you, but I know I cannot. So, I will just say that I am here for you.

Love,
Samantha

Melissa said...

You're right, it does stink! No one should have to go through what you guys are doing right now. Please know that we lift you up in prayer and send tons of love your way.

Very glad you and Andy got to have a date night. I know that always revitalizes our marriage!

Take care and know you are loved.

The Portas said...

Yay, date night! You are definitely past due on that. It's so wonderful that you and Andy have stayed so close throughout this whole ordeal. That says a lot about the strength of your relationship. And date nights are sooo necessary, especially now.

I cannot begin to comprehend the feelings associated with visiting your daughter's grave. :( It has to be surreal and sad and I want you to know that we are all here for you (not that that's a consolation) if you need to vent or need hugs. You're an awesome woman!

Sending you lots of love! oxoxoxoxoxo