Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Valentines!

I know it's late...and Valentine's Day is almost over...but I couldn't get away without a special post about my special Valentines! It was a good day...and that's why I'm so late in posting...I was just spending time with my boys!


For God so loVed the world
That He gAve
His onLy
BegottEn
SoN
That whosoever
Believeth In Him
Should Not perish,
But have Everlasting life.
John 3:16

So how cool is that...I totally stole it from Michelle! I do want God to be my number 1 love...my special Valentine...who gave the best gift ever!

But how bout these two awesome Valentines! How cute are they?
Andy was so good to me today...even bought me an MP3 player! I feel so hip...as I still have my casette playing walkman from the 80's. It'll be perfect for the Y...but now I have to load it....I guess more late nights at the computer! And....he even suggested take-out for dinner which meant NO COOKING...and NO DISHES! Woo Hoo! We had CASA...which is our favorite Italian and it was so cute...tucking Seth in tonight he said: "Dinner was really good wasn't it, mommy?" He never says that when I cook!

Seth and I had a good day too...I was the helper/party planner for his preschool Valentine's Day Party. It was great to get back in the classroom. In case you didn't know...my degree is in elementary education...and I taught preschool 2 years after I was married while I was pregnant with Seth! The kids were adorable...and we had lots of fun!

My boys have been a complete source of joy for me...especially the past few weeks!
And...my little Valentine Kate!

You will always be my special little Valentine...especially since today is CHD Awareness Day...and people all over the world are celebrating and remembering YOU.... you totally taught so many of us about love and life! We will ALWAYS love you!

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hey girl, seems like we are both up late tonight on the computer. I just wanted to tell you Happy Heart Day and I'm thinking of you all.

Melissa said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you all! Glad you enjoyed a no work dinner from Casa! Also glad you got to help with the party at Seth's school. I always enjoy my time spent at the school with Joshua! Remembering you all, especially this week!

Judy Davis said...

Dear Krista, Happy Valentines Day to you.
Your Hubby was certainly
good to you! And you will always have your sweetheart, Kate, to remember on Valentines Day. It was one of Terri's
special Holidays- but she liked all of the Holidays
that's why they are hard for us sometimes. We are glad that you could be with Seth at school and help at his party. I notice at Our Hope School that the kids do not just receive a simple valentine from a classmate,
but they get candy too or a
little toy. Our after-school entertainment was just looking through the bag and eating a few candies! Krista, I love your pictures!
Hugs, Judy Davis

The Portas said...

I'm glad you guys had such a nice Valentine's Day. You do have some sweet boys. :) I'm glad you got back in the classroom!

Thanks for posting the sweet pic of Kate. Your words were very sweet. She was very lucky to have you as her mommy while she was with us on earth.

Take care and STAY WARM. BBBRbrrrrrr.

Kathy said...

WEll said Mama...Happy Heart Day to you!!!
Glad your men treated you sooo good....
Sorry it's still cold...my house always has a guest room...just let me know when you want to fly out!!!
Getting to volunteer at Seth's school has to be a blast....I miss that.
We think about you everyday!
We love you...
Kathy

Anonymous said...

AMen to that Valentine Day message. What a great way to put it. And the picures were AWESOME....Loved seeing them on this special day. Take care all of you Laymans.....John and Linda S

Samantha said...

I am so happy that you had such a great day! What fun! I love being able to do things in the classroom for Noah & Leah. I cannot even imagine being a preschool teacher! I taught sixth grade and third grade and that is about as low as I could go!

Thank you for sharing the pictures. Your boys are both so handsome and the picture of Kate was just beautiful! What a beautiful smile she had.

Lots of love,
Samantha

LeeAnne said...

Awww...sounds like a nice day! So glad you enjoyed it. CASA???? I LOVE THAT PLACE! We need to come and visit soon...or maybe that is just my tummy talking. No, we need to visit...it is my heart talking too! Love ya guys!