Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Settled Down

Things have somewhat settled down in our home. Andy is still on the tail-end of his sinus infection...still battling a cough and some congestion....but he did go to work today. Seth has settled back into just boring old life with boring old mommy during the day....especially boring when school gets cancelled (I guess due to rain/fog) Nothing much at all exciting or "blog-worthy" has even happened. The highlight of the past two days: we did join the Y. Seth and I went swimming on Monday and he loved it...so hopefully we can go a couple times a week...and then lessons will start at the end of the month. So..any of my blogreaders who are also Y members...let me know if you're up for a few walking laps...swimming with the kids...or whatever!

So...just had to let you know...we're just livin' life right now. Still adjusting....to our "new normal" as things just aren't right yet. It's funny what "gets you" on different days at different times: today, it was Kate's name! I just love her name and just got sad that she wouldn't take it into adulthood. I know...I'll always have my Kate and that will always be her name...but today I was mourning her beautiful name...I know it may sound strange....but everything is "strange" right now!

Well, it's thundering and lightening for the 2nd night in a row...in February....like I said...everything is strange!

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Boring is good. Just going to the Y and swimming with your son is priceless. I wish we could meet up at the Y...but, I'm not going near you until it warms up. You know..it's going to be in the 60s this week! WHOO HOO...just rubbing it in!! We'll be taking "bum white" Isaac out in the sunshine soon enough! (How do you like that term...that's how white I am..the color of your bum...that never sees the sun!) Oh..girl..it's one of those days and my silly's are out!!!
I hope you have another TOTALLY boring day tomorrow. Have you stopped cleaning yet??
I love Kate's name too. You do what you need to do each day to get through...thanks for sharing your feelings with us. We're always here to listen!
We love you Krista!
Kathy

Melissa said...

Glad you are just having boring, uneventful days! Enjoy your time at the Y because who doesn't love swimming in February!

Kate's name is beautiful! She was very blessed to have parents who loved her so much that they gave her such a wonderful name!

The Portas said...

I love the name Kate, too! In fact, it was on my list of girl names had Elijah been a girl. It's a beautiful name and you will be saying it forever.

Ok ok, Kathy needs to stop rubbing it in about the Vegas weather, don't you think? :) I'm kidding, I'm just totally jealous. I think we should go visit her! Or Samantha. Get me out of this crazy cold snowy land of COLD.

Wish I was closer to walk laps with you at the Y. Hoping for another low-key day for you guys. Take care of each other and get better, Andy!

xoxoxox
Megan

Deanna said...

Hi Krista. Kate is a VERY beautiful name for a VERY beautiful girl. My life is more beautiful because I knew Kate.... she was such a blessing to so many, and I know that a part of her will always continue to live in all of us. Yes, she made a GREAT difference in the lives of many.

I love you, dear one. Know that many are continuing to pray for you as you adjust to a "new normal." I miss you!

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Oh, I would LOVE to come to the "Y" with you and Seth! Now, if I can just figure out the transportation arrangements...

Prayers, Love, and Hugs, Susan
Southeastern Pennsylvania

Karmen said...

((HUGS)) to you for all the "strange" new things. Life will never be the same without beautiful Kate, but life will go on and you will enjoy life with Seth. Have fun and take one day at a time. God will give you the peace/strength that you need at just the right times through just the right people and places. We're still praying for you and your beautiful family.

Mel said...

I continue to think about you and pray for you all everyday. We would love to meet you at the Y. I have found that I put the Worship music on my MP3 player and I actually look forward to exercise. BTW - Austin loves the Lucky Duck game - but he uses it to "crash" the ducks rather than play by the rules. Go figure. We put him on the bus for the first time today. Now my house is empty of kids for the afternoon. Strange.

Jane said...

Dear Krista,
I love to read your blog. You have such a gift for expressing your feelings. We are all human beings, so everyone can relate, at some level, to what you are going through. Even parents who have not lost a child can empathize with you. I can imagine having a child that I had bonded with so completely being taken from me... At just the thought of it, the pain gouges deeply. I believe that is why we all share your tears. We all keep reading to share your burden, pray, and root for happier times to come. You are loved.

Jane Grabill

Kelly said...

Thinking of you today. Kate is a beautiful name. She will always be remembered.