Sunday, February 10, 2008

Stupidity...on my part!

I was up entirely too late last night...and in a complete act of stupidity...decided I wanted to try and "spiff" up the blog! I found a website that had backgrounds...and I tried to change mine...and wouldn't you know...all the links, counters, etc were deleted in the change! And...the design looked stupid to top it all off! So...now, I'm in the process of trying to re-create the blog in the plain ole boring way it was...and just leave it! It made me so mad...for a minute, I thought I lost the whole thing...but fortunately...the posts remained! UGGHH....if I would have just gone to bed! Anyone remember where our big counter was? Lesson...leave well-enough alone...especially at ridiculous times of the night!

So...I have some work to do...but I think I am going to take advantage of some "Seth-free" time and go upstairs and work on Kate's room. In the process of cleaning the rest of the house....anything (and I mean ANYTHING) that was Kate's...I just put in her room. Plus...being in the hospital over the holidays...she got bags and bags of gifts and stuffed animals. And now...her room is a complete disaster area...and for some strange reason...I just feel it's disrespectful to her to have her room is such disarray...I have no idea how far I'll get...or how hard it will be...I just know I'll do what I can. I'll probably end up just sitting and reminiscing a bunch...but that's okay! All I know...it has to be done without Seth in the house...cause he thinks all the toys and books are his!! Here I go...keep me in your prayers!

12 comments:

Kathy said...

I've tried to do the same thing...and I just can't figure out how to change my blog background either. I'll either just pay someone who knows what they're doing...or leave it...
Take your time on the cleaning of Kate's room...no rush.
And I'm glad that you and Andy got to have a date night. Although my husband is constantly on my last nerves....it's SO important to remain close...especially during difficult times.
We love you Krista!
Kathy

Samantha said...

Hang in there while you clean Kate's room. Take your time and remember all the good times while you work in her room.

Hugs,
Samantha

The Portas said...

If you want to change your blog template, you first need to save things like links, counters, etc.. Just copy and paste them to a Word document so you can paste them into the new template later. Unfortunately, if you didn't save this info, it is gone and you'll have to start fresh. The posts will never get deleted unless you go in and press the delete button. If you need help, let me know.

Good luck cleaning up Kate's room. I honestly cannot imagine. You are a strong woman! I hope you are able to remember good times and take your time in doing that! I'll be thinking of you!

As always, hugs to you and your family.. oxoxox

The Portas said...

Kathy, I'll help you with your blog background! Let me know what background you want and I can help you out.

Anonymous said...

If you want the opinion of a "mature" person, it would be to leave the background alone. Especially when this mature person still has dial-up. So many web sites are so "busy" visually and take so long to load because of all the fancy stuff. I know there are not many dial-up people left out there, but we do appreciate that your blog loads pretty quickly and is easy to read.

We still think of you daily and pray for your comfort.

Shirlie

Melissa said...

The blog is perfect just the way it is, but I understand wanting to change things up a bit.

Hope the cleaning up of Kate's room is a happy memorable time for you.

Anonymous said...

For some reason the number 694?? or 691?? stick in my mind.
Love, Nana

Deanna said...

Hi dear one! Just so you know.... you're not alone in that.... I nearly lost my whole blog a few months ago, too, and instead, after nearly crying, decided to just leave it the plain old boring blue!!! :)

Praying for you as you tackle the project! Sending a WARM hug! Heard that it's bitterly cold there, too! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hello Laymans,

Wanted to wish Andy a Happy Birthday!!
Glad you had some alone time for awhile.
Have visited Larry and Kate's gravesite a couple of times, also.
Hang in there . . . still praying.
Stay warm.
Love ya,
K. Haworths

Anonymous said...

Krista, cleaning out Kate's room must have been really difficult for you. I hope that you were able to find comfort in the memories while you were going through her things.

Glad that you and Andy were able to have a nice night out and reconnect. It is so important for you to lean on each other, especially now.

Take care,

Gina

Anonymous said...

Krista,
I'm really, really happy to hear that you had a Date Night. That's wonderful for you two to have some time alone to reconnect. Everyone needs that! I hope your cleaning of Kate's room was full of good memories. I'm sure there were tough ones too, but I prayed that God would keep moving your heart toward peacefulness. I prayed that those good memories will win out over the tough ones just a little bit more and a little bit more every day.
Love you!
Sharyn

Vanessa said...

I'm keeping you in my prayers. Just take it one step at a time. I'm sure doing Kate's room is going to be difficult so pace yourself. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about Kate! She is truely an angel shining down on us!