Thursday, February 28, 2008

Where A Kid Can Be A Kid

So we ventured into the world of Chuck E Cheese tonight! We took Elijah and Lucas (the cousins) with us...and Nana and Oompa came along too. Of course the boys had a great time...the younger two were quite enamored by Chuck E himself. Our 130 tokens were gone in a flash and we have 2 plastic cars, a rubbery snotty nose and a small plastic fish and ant as mementos of our night. The pizza was surprisingly good...and I love their hand-stamping policy which meant I didn't have to freak out everytime I didn't see all 3 boys within sight. What a fun night for the kids to be kids...thanks Shari from church for this special treat!
Seth loved the singing and dancing Chuck E

Best buds sharing a ride on the bike!

Lucas and ChuckE sharing a dance!

Notice the empty token cups...oh where did they go so fast?

Also...tonight, Seth had his 1st swim lesson at the Y. He did exceptionally well...listened like a pro and patiently waited his turn. Yeah...it's always good to leave those kind of events with one of the best behaved kids!

So another HUGE day for the little guy...especially when you throw in a field trip at school...and playtime with the cousins before and after the Y and Chuck E Cheese! Maybe tomorrow we can just relax and hang out...well maybe during the day...but we're headed to Portland for a night with grandma!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Good for you...BRAVE of you...for going there.
Thank goodness for Isaac...he's kept us CLEAR of that place! My boys can spend 100 tokens in less than an hour. And swimming lessons...gosh..I need to get my Eli enrolled...I'm slacking!!!
Sending sunshine your way!
kathy

Melissa said...

Chuck E Cheese? Once you've gone once, you will be asked to go all the time! But you're not a kid until you've been there! Glad you made it out in one piece. Hope you were able to leave without a headache!

And swimming lessons too? Gosh, what a fun filled day you all had. Enjoy your trip to Portland to see grandma!

Samantha said...

OMG! What a busy day Seth had! I tend to be the freak out mom myself...even with the hand stamps! I am a bit neurotic (but you already guessed that about me I am sure).

I am glad that it was such a great day and I hope that your day today is filled with some rest. I am glad that you are getting away to Portland for a night. Are you going to visit Kate while you are there?

I am also sending you some of our beautiful weather so you can have a wonderful day. I am going to try really hard to make it to IN this fall. My SIL/BIL are having their second baby in September, so hopefully I get a chance to come meet him/her and then stop on by the fort to see you!

Lots of love,
Samantha

LeeAnne said...

CHUCK E CHEESE!!!! How fun. Lynzi has been there once for her cousin's birthday party and loved it. We will drive by one every once in a while and she recognizes it! We try to distract her when going by! HA! Glad you are having a good time! Let me know when you are free one weekend to scrap these cute pictures!

Mina said...

Chuck e Cheese; my older kids are 12 and 9, and they still love to go. I haven't taken the baby back since he caught a stomach bug there, but I'll be brave enough some day. Seems like the boys had a great time. What is it about a dancing and singing mouse??