Monday, March 10, 2008

Busy Busy Boy

Yesterday was quite the busy day for our little guy...and all of us actually! We started the day off at church and then grabbed lunch out afterwards. I always think it is a treat to eat out after church. I ran a few quick errands and then we all went outside. There is still snow on the ground...but the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day. We broke out the bikes...and attempted to get Seth excited about riding his bike. He loves his hotwheel...but he isn't so excited about the bike yet. Hopefully...a few nice spring days (and maybe some encouragement from his cousins) and he'll be good to go. Being outside made me SO anxious for spring...it can't come soon enough.

Then...we cooked hotdogs and roasted marshmallows over the fire. Seth thought it was pretty fun...especially when daddy caught his marshmallow on fire and burned it black! I, on the other hand...love the art of perfecting a perfectly browned, ooey marshmallow. And what's a marshmallow....if you don't turn it into a s'more?

And to top the night off...Seth chose to sleep in his tent...I guess you have to camp out if you're going to cook hotdogs over a fire. It was a perfect Sunday...just a day to relax and have fun as a family.


5 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm so glad you guys had a nice Sunday afternoon. I could picture you all out making smores and puts a smile on my face.

I am so sorry you had a rough day the other day. I wish I could do or say something to take the hurt away. I have those days when I ask "Why MY daughter" but I have to stop and thank God for all he has done. When I go to church I always have those songs that make me break down. It is alot harder to be a christian than most people think. This is a slow process but one that your handling very well.

I think your book idea is great! I can't tell you how many times I read that book to Arianna and just melts my heart. I think Kathy's wagon idea is great too! I'm not too creative but I'll continue to brainstorm.

Hope you have a wonderful week.

OXOXOX

The Portas said...

Yummmmm, send a smore my way! Looks like you guys had a very fun day. I'm sure once spring rolls around (if it ever does), Seth will be up and pedaling his bike like a maniac!

Thanks for sharing the pics! Hope you all are having a good week.

Samantha said...

LOVE the pictures! Now I want Smores...yummy! Noah has the same bike as Seth...they would have so much fun riding together! I miss the Big Wheels...I remember riding one around when I was a kid (it was a pink and white Barbie variety) and I have not gotten one for the kids yet...you have inspired me to go and get one!

Glad you had a fantastic Sunday...that is the way Sunday should be.

Love,
Samantha

Melissa said...

Sounds like a great day! I love smores! I too am a perfectally browned marshmallow gal!

Kathy said...

He looks like he's doing good on the bike. My Eli (who's 5) will NOT let us take those training wheels off..he just freaks out when it rocks a little too much!!!
I can't even belive that the sidewalks are so clear with all of that snow around. CRAZY!!!
smores sound SO good...Seth is so lucky to have such wonderful parents!!!
LOVE the pictures!
Kathy