Saturday, March 29, 2008

It got him too!

So I was just telling Andy the other day how surprised I was at how healthy Seth has been this past year. With the chaos of this fall/winter and the places he and hopped back and forth between...he has been remarkably healthy....until last night.

We had actually gone down to Portland again and spent the night. When I got up this morning...grandma told us he had pretty much been up all night and thrown up twice! I was clueless sleeping away upstairs. What a wonderful grandma to take care of all of this...and let me sleep through it all. Thanks Cathy...you went way and above the call of duty!

So...he has been low key all day....pretty much just laying on the couch. He doesn't want to eat (I think he's afraid he'll throw up again). He really is a good boy...doesn't cry...doesn't complain....he just wants to lay down. We came home around 4ish..and he watched 2 movies and is now sound asleep in his own bed. I hope it's just a 24 hour stomach bug...he seems to be on the mend...just weak and tired.

The reason for our Portland trip...besides just spending time with grandma...our trip to the monument shop! UCCHCK! I have been dreading picking out Kate's tombstone for a while now.

So we go to this small town outside Portland...I think all they have is a church and volunteer fire department....and this family owned monument shop that has been in business for 50+ years. The place is a little rough...but they do beautiful work and do it all right there. So Andy and I go...pick out the stone and choose what we want it to say. It's amazing what they can do with tombstones these days...the engraving work is amazing. But...we went pretty simple. I think it will be just perfect for our little princess. I will post pictures after it is up....they promise by Memorial Day.

So...I'm guessing and hoping that was probably the last detail left of Kate's passing. At so many times it seems so surreal...am I really picking out my daughter's tombstone?...something about this isn't right! We of course went by her site today...the ground has really begun to settle nicely...it's not looking so rough anymore. As much as I hated today...there is a part of me anxious to get the marker up...to see it all in it's entirity. She deserves so much more than a stack in the ground.

We still love you princess...and think of you each and every day. You will be forever in our hearts!

10 comments:

Deanna said...

So sorry to hear that Seth got bit by the bug. Hope he continues to be on the mend.

And thankful to hear that you survived the trip to pick out a headstone.... bless your sweet heart. And yes, Kate DOES deserve better than anything this world can offer.... I'm sure she has a beautiful crown.... hanging out by Jesus' feet, singing praises with a beautiful smile (and maybe even some ice cream of a popsicle?!)

I love you, friend and miss you, too!

Judy Davis said...

Krista & Andy, Thought maybe you had already picked out Kate's monument.
That is tough. Yes, I think it is wise to keep it simple. It still doesn't seem like she is gone - so much stays alive. Blessings
for Seth -it's no fun to be sick. Stay well, all of you.
Hugs, Judy Davis

Christi Overman said...

If it's any consolation, my students have almost all had that bug in the last couple of weeks...and it bit me this weekend too! It's awful! Hope it passes quickly...and what a great grandma he has!

Melissa said...

I'm sorry to hear Seth caught the yuckies that the rest of the world is dealing with. Hope he is feeling better soon.

I'm sorry you had to experience picking out your child's headstone. That is not the way it is meant to happen, but I take comfort in knowing that she is in a much happier place. Thinking of you!

Kathy said...

Krista...
you always know how to make me cry!
I can't imagine how hard that must be...but, you are doing everything with such love, faith, and strength...we all love you Krista!
Hope Seth starts feeling better!
Love,
Kathy

janelbo said...

Hi Krista.
I need to introduce myself to you at church. I know you have gotten to know my mom, Shari Miller. Anyway, I will make sure I introduce myself sometime soon. You and your family have been in our prayers since the beginning, so I feel as if I already know you. I normally don't post anything, but I saw your contest for Kate's Kart and thought I'd offer a few more ideas. Here's what I came up with (or a combination of any of these):

1. Kate's Kart - Keeping Kids Encouraged

2. Kate's Kart - Keeping Kids Curious

3. Kate's Kart - Cultivating Courage through Miles of Smiles

4. Kate's Kart - Committed to a Cure

5. Kate's Kart - Constantly Caring for Kids

6. Kate's Kart - Sharing Miles of Smiles

7. Kate's Kart - Continuing Her Part to Help Cure the Heart

8. Kate's Kart - Take a Look at a Book!

9. Kate's Kart - Sharing Books from the Heart

10. Kate's Kart - Conspire to Inspire!

I look forward to meeting you!
Many continued prayers,
Lori Scheele

Samantha said...

I am crying again...I am so sorry that you had to do this. It is something that a parent should not have to do in their life. All I can say is I am sorry and that I am thinking of you.

I am also so sad that Seth is not feeling well. What an amazing grandma to take care of him for you. I don't think that my mom or MIL would do that for me...what a blessing she is for you. Tell that sweet boy to hurry up and feel better soon. I will pray that it is just a 24 hour thing and tomorrow he is back up and at it.

I am glad that you were able to visit Kate.

I hope that you guys all stay healthy this week and have a good week.

Love ya!
Samantha

The Portas said...

I can't imagine how tough it must be to pick out your daughter's tombstone. I'm hoping it will give you some sort of peace to see it all "together" in a few weeks. Our prayers are with you always.

Anonymous said...

Hello
Companies House Webcheck
Webcheck Companies House
Company House Webcheck
Companies House Webcheck Service

[url=http://perosnalbinking.v3host.be/companies-house-webcheck.html]companies house webcheck[/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/weathercom/298713874092l]www.weather.com[/url]