Monday, March 24, 2008

Kate's Kart..it's starting to roll!

Wow...I am so amazed, excited, humbled, thrilled, scared...basically just a bunch of emotions as things are really falling into place in getting Kate's Kart Rolling.

1. A lawyer friend has donated her services, expertise, skill and time in helping us get the 501c3 status set up! As soon as we both get back from spring break...we'll get working on that.

2. Another friend graciously offered her services, expertise, skill and time in setting up a website for us! YEAH...what a great way to get the word out!

3. We've had our first donation of books...we've got about 15 adorable children's books up in Kate's room...awaiting their new owners.

4. Lots of people have stepped up to the plate to volunteer to pass out books and be an active part of this ministry...and I do think it will be an awesome way to "minister" to those hurting and scared in the hospital.

5. Even more people have showed a great interest in supporting this in some way or another!

This is going to be so exciting...I can't believe it is all really falling into place....and how generous everyone is! What an awesome way to honor our little girl! God is so good...and faithful!

Stay tuned...I'll definitely let you know when we are ready for donations...It's exciting stuff...are you ready to get on board?

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so excited for you all too! Kate's Kart is an awesome idea and such a great way to remember your beautiful little girl who touched many people's hearts! You are amazing people and the world is a much better place with you all in it!

Anonymous said...

Love the new updated look of the blog with the current pics, etc. Just thought you might want to check your title...I know you didn't mean to delete Seth's name :) I also love the idea of Kate's Kart. Just sorry that I don't live closer and could help out more.

Andrea said...

Hi Krista,
As I read your post today I was getting excited and thinking about what books I would like to send you for Kate's Kart. Then I started getting teary eyed thinking that, although I've never met you and I've never met Kate, she has still touched my life and inspired me to help other children. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Kathy said...

LOVE the updated blog...look how snazzy you're getting!!! I'll start keeping my eyes open for books at a good price! And I can't wait to put a link on our blog...you're going to have SO many books!!!
We love you Krista...you're doing such an awesome job!!!
Kathy

The Portas said...

I'm ready! I'm so excited about this, too! You guys are awesome and everyone who is helping you out is awesome, too. We will definitely put a note on Elijah's blog about this so we can get all kinds of books for Kate's Kart!

Yes, the blog looks great! I will find a fun photo/graphic for you soon to try out.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Krista, I have been gone and am so excited to hear about 'Kate's Kart'. What a wonderful idea and I'm not surprised that everything is falling into place. With your organizational skills, Kate's smile and God's watchful eye, it's bound to be a success! Please put me on the list for volunteering, donations, etc. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this wonderful outreach to families!:)
Donna D

Anonymous said...

Hi Krista,
It's Gina's sister, Chris.. I have decided to not just be a "lurker" anymore.. I guess I never really knew what to say so I just read your blog without ever saying anything. Until tonight when I saw a poem and thought of precious little Kate. Here is goes:

God saw you getting tired,
A cure was not to be.
So He put his arms around you,
And whispered, "Come with Me."

With tearful eyes we watched you,
And saw you fade away.
Although we loved you dearly
We could not make you stay.

A golden heart stopped beating,
Your tender hands at rest.
God took you home to prove to us
He only takes the best.

Thank you for sharing your blog with so many people. You are a true inspiration to many, including myself. Thank you Krista!

Sincerely,
Chris (Brown) Newmark
cnewmark@comcast.net