Saturday, March 1, 2008

Workin' Hard

We had a nice visit to Portland to see Grandma. We took Oompa's truck down and today we all worked on loading it full of firewood...Daddy did most of the work cutting down old dead trees throughout the 5 acre woods...but we all pitched in a little! Here' s few pics of Seth working hard!

Putting corn out for the squirrels!

Loading the truck with wood!

Oh...this one is SO heavy!

But... before you report us to child services...here's evidence that he did a lot more playing than working!


Catching a ride to get more wood!



Are you loading or playing?

That's pretty obvious that this isn't working!


Seth stayed down there with Grandma...which meant that Andy and I got another night out! Woo Hoo! Nothing too special: a little carpet shopping, dinner and dessert (but that was at Debrands..which if you're local...know that is quite the treat!) We just rented a movie and Andy is building a fire with all our new firewood...and we'll just relax tonight! Sounds great to me!


We did go by Kate's gravesite again today. It's hard to get the full picture when it's covered in snow...but just seeing her temporary name plate gets me all worked up. Remember how I said there are those memories that just "pop" up. Yesterday I put on a sweatshirt...reached in the pocket and found a paci! Wow...now's there's a memory as Kate was NEVER without her special pinkish/orange pacis! I didn't have the heart to get rid of it...so I just carried it around in my pocket and everytime I put my hand in...thought of my little girl! Guess it's not all bad. Oh yeah...then there is the mailing from Huggies reminding me that my child is 21 months old and it's time to start her in pull-ups...didn't really need that...but what ya gonna do?

So...I'm off to wrap up in a nice soft blankie and watch a movie...it's a cold wet night here in the Fort. Love to all!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many memories bring so many emotions...laughter, smiles, tears and unending love. As events, songs, places and objects bring memories of Kate, I pray you will be able to embrace them and find strength as you walk this new path. You continue to be a beacon of hope and light to others! Hugs!
Donna

Melissa said...

I wonder if those little things that pop up are Kate saying, I'm still here mommy and I love you! It would be like her to make sure there was a paci just where it was needed to make you think of her. Thinking of you and praying for you all. Hope you enjoyed your night with your hubby!

Anonymous said...

Andy sounds like a GREAT guy to be around! Hope you guys enjoyed your night out! You will always them memories, and that is a good thing! You've got to think of your little girl!

Anonymous said...

Thoroughly enjoyed the pictues & video posted the last couple of days. They are the best just like those in the photos. Love ya all, Tricia H.

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on your post. I will have to say that the picture of Andy driving the tractor with Seth on the wagon looks like Andy is going right into a tree!
Jamie

Kathy said...

I love what Melissa said...
Isn't that a nice thought...that Kate could be putting these things in your path as a way of letting you know that she's watching out for YOU! Oh...it just gives me goosebumps!
And the snow...can't get over that...it was a little chilly here today...like only 65! (we had to break out the coats!)
Glad you and Andy had a nice night together. WHAT A SWEETIE! (I'm telling Joe to take notes!)
Talk to you soon!
Kathy

Vanessa said...

What a nice day out in the snow. I just love the pictures of Seth and Andy.

I know Kate is just sitting in heaven with a golden paci! :) Your doing a great job. Just know we all keep Kate alive in our hearts.

Anonymous said...

Krista & Andy,
Those little reminders are Kate letting you know she is still with you. When I have those moments (even though they are difficult to get through), I have to smile, knowing my guy is still reminding me he's with me.
Hugs & Prayers
Sue M

The Portas said...

What a big boy, Seth! And strong, too! Very cute pics. Thanks so much for sharing.

Kathy said...

You're still freakin' me out with all the snow!!!
CRAZY!!