Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bitten Again!

Well...Seth and I got home this afternoon to find Andy in bed! Yep...this flu bug that hit Seth, then grandma has now taken residence in Andy! YUCK! Poor guy...just feels miserable. All I know...that bug better stay far far away from me...especially since we leave in a couple days. And...that bug better just stick around in Andy for 24 hours like he did for Seth....cause we have majorly needed plans on the horizon! Man...these bugs have been nasty this year...and are hitting everyone I know...and hitting hard!

I've really been missing Kate the past few days. There just seem to be babies everywhere. Each week...right before Seth's swim lesson...it's "mommy and me" class. That always gets me thinking about how much Kate would have loved that. Then...tonight after swim lessons, Seth and I went to McDonalds for dinner and evidently every family from Michigan with toddlers stopped there on their way to Florida for spring break. It's funny...I find myself going places in my mind with Kate...as if she was completely healthy. In all reality...the Kate I knew...we wouldn't have taken her to any of those places...for fear of getting sick. I don't know...maybe I've even gone back and am again mourning the loss of even a healthy child. But taking away all of Kate's health issues...would most likely take away everything about that little girl that I love...she wouldn't have been "our baby Kate."

But...just because I miss her...and seeing other babies at times gets to me....PLEASE don't be afraid to talk to me about Kate...or mention her name....or bring your child around me. I want to talk about her. Not talking about her makes me feel as if she is forgotten. It's better for me to talk about her...or answer questions...or whatever. Not all the time...not in every conversation...I don't want Kate to be the only thing I talk about....but still...right now...at times I do want to talk. It depends...one day I might cry...the next no...but regardless, it's just good to talk. I think that is one reason I am so excited about her "Kart"...it's just a way to keep her "alive." I guess it's all just a process...and most likely missing Kate will be a life-long process.

Thanks for listening. I'm off to bed I think...actually the couch since I want NOTHING to do with those nasty bugs! I've been fighting with my MP3 player...trying to upload to new songs and so far it is winning.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope all of you have a GREAT time in TN!!
Love ya,
Kevin, Tricia, Spencer & Abby.

Judy Davis said...

Krista, Poor Andy! Hoping
that he gets better soon!
He doesn't need to be sick while on vacation. Have the
greatest time!
Hugs, Judy Davis

The Portas said...

Oh no!! I'm so sorry the bug has gotten Andy! I am so freakin tired of sickness this year. It just seems like it has been an unusually BAD year for it, doesn't it?

I'm sorry to hear you've had the Kate blues lately. I'm sending you giant hugs to help ease the pain. xoxoxoxoxoxo

Melissa said...

I hope that Andy feels better and the bugs stay away from you so that you can enjoy your family time in Tennessee! It was great seeing you the other day. Sorry my toddler destroyed your house.

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys have a really refreshing time in TN and enjoy the family time and scenery etc. Praying that Andy gets well soon and that all of you stay well. Thinking and praying for all of you daily.
Love you guys
Sheri

Kelly said...

Well said. =) Sometimes I NEED to talk about Brooklyn. It makes me feel better to hear her name.

Take care!

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

Yikes! I had that flu for about 4 days and ended up dehydrated. Glad your family is only doing the 24 hour thing.

Kathy said...

Hope Andy gets better soon!
Tell him not to go TOO crazy in Tennessee....
You will have a wonderful vacation...and the weather will be perfect!!!
My mom is ready to start collecting books for the Kart...so, just give her the green light and you'll be amazed at what that crazy lady can do!!
We love you Krista...
Kathy

Melanee said...

I loved your last few entries. This blogging thing seems to be a great way to touch and inspire others as well as helping you publicly remember Kate. I look forward to some more chats soon. I hope your vacation is flu-free.

COLTERFAM said...

Krista-

We are in Portland this weekend visiting baby Jack. Anne lives in the subdivision right by Cathy's. I was visiting Jack just this afternoon, a beautiful afternoon, and made a swing by Greenpark. I saw Larry and Kate's site. It is in a beautiful location...and it did not take me long to find it, I knew it would probably be on the side near the house. It was so quiet and peaceful, just perfectly calming. It just forced me to remember how peacful life after death would be. No worries, no sick, no hurt, no bumps, scrapes, or bruises, to tears, no hospitals or doctors...just peace. We will be back to Portland in June (hopefully) and I will be sure to stop by and see the finished site.

We are all infected with the yuckies right now, it feels like since February! Tell Andy that I hope he feels better. I hope you all enjoy your trip down to Tennessee!

Vanessa said...

Just stopping by to say hi! Hope you guys are all bug free and getting back to normal. You guys are always in my thoughts!

Hugs,

Vanessa

Kathy said...

I keep checking in...WHERE ARE YOU???
Oh yeah...TN! On you WILD and crazy spring break!!
Hope you're having a blast!
Can't wait to hear all about it and see all the pics!
Sending our love,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

We won't ever forget Kate! Her picture is on our frig. Hope your vacation was great!!

Anonymous said...

We won't ever forget Kate! Hope you had a great time on your vacation.

Nancy