Sunday, April 27, 2008

Fill the Uhaul

So...I met with "our team" of wonderful women for the "Little Give!" The response continues to be awesome and these women have been plans...in fact...their goal: to fill a Uhaul...yeah, you read that right...a Uhaul. And...they already have storage figured out!


So...this Saturday they have planned an event from 11-2 where you can drop off books and donations...get a snack...see the Uhaul...and who knows what else will develop in the next week. These girls are big dreamers! There is a link on the website...check out the flyer here! (And...if you know of a great place to put the flyer...let me know!) And...all donations received by Monday, May 5 will go toward the "Little Give"

And...we are getting emails and calls from people all over the nation excited about Kate's Kart and wanting to make donations! And...we have heard from some hospitals outside Ft. Wayne interested in having a Kart. Wow! Things are going so well! I just feel like God is giving us a big ole' stamp of of approval and clearing the way!

One thing though...I volunteered to take care of some cookies/goodies for Saturday. If you're a local reader and would be willing to donate a couple dozen cookies/brownies/goodies...please leave a comment or send me an email (kateskart@verizon.net). I'll make arrangements to get them or have you drop them off on Friday or Saturday morning. My readers are the best...thanks so much!
The actual "Kart" is at the Bisque It Pottery Store...filling up with books as we speak!
It's going to be another exciting week...I can feel it already!
Love to all!

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

How exciting! I can't believe they want to fill a Uhaul...that is awesome! God is sure doing some great things for you guys.

I'm moving tomorrow so I'll be without internet until Tuesday. I can't wait to her how your week goes.

Love,
Vanessa

Melissa said...

How exciting for everyone involved! I'm so glad that things are moving forward so well. Wish I was going to be in town to attend the fill the uhaul event!

The Portas said...

This is so exciting! I love how awesome this is turning out! We will be sending some books to you soon!

Kathy said...

Oh...I wish we were closer!!!
Can't wait to hear how it all goes...
what a blessing!
Take care this week and HAVE fun!!!
Lots of love to you all,
Kathy

LeeAnne said...

WOW! I am so excited for you!!! You will have to start a second scrapbook for Kate now!! Krista...you don't have to think of a way to end her scrapbook...it doesn't end!!!!!

Mina said...

I'm so excited for you, it's awesome Kate's Kart is going so well. What an amazing legacy. I have three kids who love their books, what could ever be a better gift? I'll be putting a link on our blog too, the more the merrier, right?

Mel said...

What excitement! My mom wanted me to mention that she wants to help - by doing administrative stuff and/or delivering books. I'd love to get on the schedule to deliver too. How good of God to bless you with this ministry and you get to be a blessing to others in the process. Neat stuff!

Karmen said...

Oh I'm soooooooo excited for you all!!!!

Anonymous said...

Krista,
I would be happy to make cookies for Sat. I will bring them to your mom Fri. at dinner if that's Ok. I have to feed ten hungry farmers for lunch Sat. noon, so I don't know if I can be at the big event, but my prayers surely will be. Again, I would be happy to help with Kate's Kart in whatever capacity you need; just let me know! God is certainly blessing your efforts and Kate's memory.
Sherry