Thursday, April 17, 2008

Scrapping Again!

Kate's Kart paperwork is to the lawyer and we should be "officially" incorporated in the state very soon! I even went and got a PO Box a couple days ago...so it won't be long before we'll be "open for business!" And...we are meeting with Laura...the very generous long lost high school friend on Monday. She is designing our website for us! I tell you...God is going to do big things with this Kart.

So..it's good to be busy with this stuff. I have my list of things to do...more than I thought...but that is good. We hit the big 3 month mark 2 days ago. I hate that I am now focused on the 15th (date of death) of the month...rather than the 26th (date of birth). I don't know...it's still fresh, and I'm sure it will be this way through the year...getting through all those "firsts" without her. And in some ways...I guess it's hard to think..."Kate would have been X months/years old today". Maybe if I just force my thinking to "she's been with Jesus and healed for X months" it would be easier...all in time I guess all in time.

I suspect I will be thinking about my angel a BUNCH this weekend. It's a very mixed blessing. I just have to say I am so excited because I have the ENTIRE weekend to scrapbook! Yep...the boys are leaving town and a girlfriend is coming and we are going to scrap our little hearts out! I am kinda worried...I haven't scrapped since before Kate was born...so I can't even remember the tools/stuff I have. And...I am SO behind. Let's see...the last page in our book is when my almost 4 year old turned 1. YIKES!

But...I think I am going to dedicate this weekend to doing an album for Kate. I definitely want to remember all the details of her life...and want something that will help Seth remember his sister. There are just so many cute pictures of that totally cute girl. I really pray that the whole weekend will be a time to celebrate Kate...and remember the totally wonderful times we had with her.

So...my friend is coming...we'll go out for dinner, hit the scrapbook store and then get to it! ALL WEEKEND! WOO HOO! LeeAnne is actually married to one of Andy's best friends from college days...so I am looking forward to getting to know her a little better...as I have only really spent time with her and Gene...and my focus then has been beating Gene at the given game we are playing!

My only crisis: I have am ready for the 5th and final book in the Redemption Series books I am reading. I can't believe I'll have to wait to find out what happens as there will be no time for sleeping...let alone reading this weekend. I know...to scrapbook or read...I have it tough! I guess I am just enjoying indulging in some of those hobbies that got put on hold the past 2 years.

What a wonderful husband I have to take Seth for the weekend. They are actually having dinner with LeeAnne's husband and their daughter and then the boys will head to Portland to spend the weekend with Andy's mom...helping her get all her mowers and yard ready for spring. Thanks Andy...for letting me scrap...I LOVE YOU!

6 comments:

LeeAnne said...

Yay! I can't wait! I am up say to late...thinking of all the things to pack! I am excited to get to know you more too. We have never been alone without the boys. I LOLed when I read that about playing games with Gene...that is just so funny! You will always be known as rivals when it comes to board games!

Melissa said...

Hope you have a great weekend filled with wonderful memories being put together on a beautiful scrap page.

The Portas said...

I am so happy to hear about things moving forward with Kate's Kart! What a great thing this will be, I can feel it!

Have fun scrapbooking. Maybe it will be a sort of healing thing for you to go through pics and create nice pages to remember your little girl. Take pics and show us how they turn out!!

xoxoxox to you all.

LeAnne said...

I hope you have a great time scrapbooking this weekend. I'm sure you will have one awesome album when you're finished!

LeAnne Stahl

Deanna said...

AHHHHH! I'm SO jealous! I haven't scrapped in over 6 months and am going through withdrawl (I'm now, officially, about two years behind!) Hope that it is a VERY, VERY fun time for you! And.... I can fill you in on book #5 if you want! HA! Just kidding..... :)

Kathy said...

Can't wait to see what "fancy pants" pages you come up with!!!
Sweet Andy!