Monday, April 14, 2008

It's so soft and cushiony on my feet!

So...today we went from this: Yeah....that's my kitchen!


TO THIS!!


Ah....the feel of brand new carpet! I'm so excited....we got new carpet today...in our living/dining room, den, stairs, upstairs hallway and master bedroom! I really really like it! It's a lot darker than the almost white carpet we had...but I love it. And...it is so soft...I just want to walk around in bare feet! Plus...carpet lines when you vacuum...that is so exciting to me!

We were in pretty desperate need of new carpet...especially in our bedroom as about a year ago I spilt some toilet bowl cleaner and it completely ATE a hole in our carpet! I mean...TOTALLY GONE...not 1 fiber left! Kinda scary...lesson learned! And the den and stairs were nasty! It's just so clean! Speaking of...my cleaning projects are all almost done...as getting new carpet pretty much forces you to clean everything out! Plus..the fact we are having a garage sale in a couple weeks...makes me all the more in the "get rid of mood!" Andy and I totally purged our bookshelf the other day...sometimes it just feels so good to de-clutter!

And....we only lived in chaos for about 24 hours. We all worked pretty hard moving and removing the furniture. My husband is so strong...such the burly man lifting heavy furniture throughout the house! Seth was so into helping and bossing us around. He was in charge of bringing the hang-up clothes back to me in the closet...ONE AT A TIME! Ah...patience we must have. He has learned to be a hard worker from his daddy!
Now...I'm hot to trot to get the rest of the bedrooms done...as well as our family room! All in good time...all in good time!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Isn't new carpet awesome? Especially when it's darker in color and you know that every little thing is not going to show up on it. I'm so glad you are happy with it.

Kathy said...

Gosh...we NEED new carpet too...send me your remnants!
I love having yard sales...we haven't had one in a while though...
Have fun cleaning out your junk!!! What treasures Seth will find!!!
The new living room looks fantastic!!
GOOD JOB!

Vanessa said...

I just love your new carpet! It's always nice the way it feels right after it's been put down. We're moving into a new house and I'm totally bummed that it's completely in tile. We are going to buy pieces of carpet for the play room and Arianna's room so she can have carpet to play on. We already have a piece of carpet in our living room..thank goodness or Arianna probably would have never learned to crawl without it. So anyways...yes, I know how exciting it can be. I will be doing the same thing in a few weeks. oh course we will jus be laying the carpet on top of the tile but at least it will be new!