Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Amazing Volunteers

More excitement...look at the AMAZING turn-out we had for our volunteer training at Lutheran today...and this isn't even everybody who is interested...as there were several who couldn't make it today and will go through another training.

Yeah...that's like 27 of us....26 lovely ladies...and our token male--you can barely see Andy's black head of hair in the back middle-left. We had a great turn-out of high school young ladies too who are fired up to help and get involved.

This is what just completely amazes me...how many people are jumping at the chance to get involved...share a little bit of Kate's legacy...and encourage a few hurting kids at the same time! It just gives me chills thinking about it. Andy and I are completely humbled by all of you willing to give of your precious time (and shed a few drops of blood) in honor of our little girl! THANK YOU!

So...we've all been TB tested (part 1 of 2 at least)...are taking our HIPPA (privacy act) test...completed paperwork...got our pictures taken for our badges...and we even have signed up for shifts in June and July! Wow! In just one week...Kate's Kart will have rolled down the halls of Lutheran! Now...I've got to get busy with the other hospitals as we definitely have the volunteers and books (not to say that we don't need more of both--especially books for little babies--cloth, plastic, touch and feel, good ones for parents to read to newborns). Plus...we will be getting a 2nd round of training together in the next couple weeks.
Again...thank you to everyone who is making Kate's Kart a reality...and to think all of this has come to together in less than 5 months. WOW!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

What a turn out! I'm just so excited for Kate's Kart to get moving through the halls at the hospital. Wish I was there to get involved.

Hugs,
Vanessa

Melissa said...

Fabulous! I'm so excited for you. If I lived in town, I'd be on board too!

The Portas said...

Look at all those pretty ladies, ready to help out. This is awesome!! Wish I could be there to help you guys out, as well.

Kathy said...

That brings tears to my eyes...
Kate is loved by so many...i hope you feel the love Krista!!!
Hugging you from Vegas,
Kathy

LeeAnne said...

WOW! Look at all those people! That is great! You know I would have been in that picture to if only I lived closer! I am so excited for you! You should be so proud! The carts and aprons look great!