Thursday, May 29, 2008

It's Here!

He waited...and waited...and waited all day! When is it coming? And finally...around 7:30...they came with....

The nice man we bought it from...in Berne...came with his wife and 4 kids...and boy did they all work. We're guessing they were Mennonite...in the fact that they drove...but those kids had a work ethic. The 6 of them had this monster assembled in just over an hour!

Had Andy and I attempted this...it would have taken 6 days, 28 trips to the Hardware Store to replace parts and 4 counseling sessions! I am so grateful to just have it...have it set up...and know we are good to go! Andy will need to stain it...but that's a perfect summer project.


They left a little after 9...and Seth was so excited to play. I"m praying for lots of hours outside just playing and being a kid...and I can even swing...which is more than can be done on our old metal one!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see hours and hours of fun ahead. Nana

Vaeh's Blog said...

Looks like you should have a wonderful time outside this summer! Just stopping by to check in! I hope you don't mind, but I've added your blog, as well as a link for Kate's Kart to our blog! I wanna help spread the word! I have to tell you that I was looking back in your blog, & I recognized so many places from your pictures at Mott! Hope all continues to go well for you & your family!

Tina & Vaeh:0)

Melissa said...

That's a great swing set. Think they deliver to Indy? ;o) I can see him being worn out this summer!

The Portas said...

It looks great! Wow, that's awesome that they assembled it for you and everything. I see many many hours of fun ahead for Seth!!

Anonymous said...

That is a really nice set that you guys got. Seth should have alot of fun on that and I am sure the neighbor kids will too. Enjoy the fun. We continue to think of you guys and pray for you daily.
Love you guys
Sheri

LeeAnne said...

NICE! I like it! I can see why Seth was so excited! I hope we get to come over and play too!

Kathy said...

Oh what fun!!!
Everytime Joe takes the time to make one for us...we move. So..he won't make another swing set for us!!!
Ask those people if they'll drive to Vegas!
You're never going to get him in the house...you better go ahead and put the tent up..you'll be sleeping outside!!!
Sending my love,
Kathy

Vanessa said...

Seth is going to have a blast!

Mina said...

What fun, Seth!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I wish we had them put ours up! I think it took us two days to get ours assembled!

You will have many fun hours on the play set!
Jamie Smeltzer

Kelly said...

That looks like so much fun! I can't wait for Aubrey to be old enough to enjoy a good swing set!