Friday, May 2, 2008

Tomorrow's the Day!

Well...tomorrow is the big day...I'm pretty excited about our "fill the Uhaul" event. The girls have done a great job...they have a tent (cause it's most likely gonna rain), food, a banner...and of course the Uhaul. I can't wait to see if we get it filled...based on what I know so far...I'm guessing it will be. We're getting checks and books in the mail...it's so exciting! The word is spreading. In fact...we've even had people volunteer to help from Indy, Michigan and Minnesota....who knows how far this might grow.

I'll be sure and post some pictures soon...probably won't be until Sunday night cause....

The whole day is going to be a whirlwind. Seth has his first soccer game of the season at 9...then hustle to set-up at 10...then the "EVENT" from 11-2...then I'm heading out as soon as possible to an overnight get-away with my 4 best friends from high-school. Gina and Melanee are still here in town...but Sharyn is in Indy and Karla is in Ann Arbor. It'll be great to see the girls and catch up. It's been over 2 years since the 5 of us have been together...barring about 20 minutes at Kate's Funeral...and a quick reception dinner for Karla's wedding. We probably won't do a thing...but sit on the couch and chat...but that's just fine with me.

Thanks again to my wonderful husband for letting me have another "girls" weekend. It's been awesome to catch up...and as you girls know...just chat!

Love to all...if you're around tomorrow...stop by! I have a van load of drinks and cookies!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

How exciting! I know the event will be a hit. I was just bragging today about Kate's Kart and what wonderful friends I have in the heart community. And what a wonderful husband you have to let you have another girls weekend. I hope you have a blast!

Kathy said...

GOOD LUCK tomorrow...I HOPE THEY fill lots of uhauls!!!
Can't wait to see how it all goes...so, don't forget about us!!!
Love to you guys,
Kathy

The Portas said...

Good luck with everything! Take lots of pics of that FILLED UP Uhaul! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Kathy said...

KRISTA...
You're going to be in BIG TROUBLE if you don't post how the "Fill the U-haul" event went!!!
I'm going crazy!!!
Kathy

Mina said...

Hoping all went well, looking forward to hearing an awesome report about the event!