Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Kart and TV Footage Rolling


Andy and I just got back from the inaugural rolling of Kate's Kart...complete with tv news coverage (watch Channel 15 at 5, 6 or 11).


It went really well...was very rewarding and we put smiles on lots of kids faces. We passed out 36 books today....from babies in the NICU...to kids getting cancer treatment... to newborns on vents...to little boys who grabbed at the books and just started turning pages...to older siblings in the waiting rooms...to moms who just needed some distraction...to smile and after smile.


It's a good thing and we made kids smile...just like Kate did for us each and every day. It was very rewarding...can't wait for more to experience some of the fun. Can you believe it...Kate's Kart is rolling! Praise God!

10 comments:

The Portas said...

YAYAYAYAAYAyyyy!!!! How wonderful. I'm so glad the DAY finally arrived. You have put so much hard work into this project. You guys are amazing.

GOOD JOB!!!

Gramma J said...

EXCITING!!!
There is nothing like a child's smile to warm the heart! How rewarding! You guys are amazing....what a tribute to your baby girl!
I am looking forward to my turn with Kate's Kart!
Keep the smiles rolling!!
Jenny

Melissa said...

How exciting! I'm so glad that Kate's kart is up and running and you got to touch so many lives today! God bless you!

Samantha said...

Tears of joy are rolling down my face. I am so proud of you and so is that precious Kate. What an amazing thing you are doing in her name! Just think of all the smiles she is bringing to these families.

Love ya!
Samantha

Kathy said...

You and Andy look great!!!
I'm SO excited for you guys!!! How exciting and wonderful...you guys are amazing!!!
Lots of love,
Kathy

Deanna said...

HOORAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was SO excited to read this post!!! :)

HUGS TO YOU!

Deanna said...

P.S. Is there a link to the news story online? I just tried to track it down and couldn't seem to come up with anything.

Vaeh's Blog said...

How wonderful that its finally underway! I'm sure each & every person that receives a book is truly blessed! I just love how you took something that was a tragedy & turned it into something so wonderful! May God bless you for all that you do!

Tina & Vaeh:0)

Andrea said...

I'm glad the Kart is finally up and rolling. It actually seems that it has moved really quickly. It wasn't that long ago you were trying to think of an idea to honor Kate. Thank you so much for the books you sent Drew. I haven't let him open it yet, I was hoping to save the package for a moment when he needed bribing. I suppose I can let him open it tomorrow!

Kelly said...

I am SO excited for you guys! What a blessing that it all came together and now you're able to see the true impact of a worthwhile project! What a wonderful way to honor your baby Kate! Congratulations!