Sunday, October 26, 2008

Disney Day 3

We were up bright and early again...only to find it raining again. But...yeah...it was done by the time we finished a quick muffin for breakfast. We jumped on the shuttle and tackled Hollywood Studios on Saturday. It turned out to be a beautiful and even hot in the afternoon day.We took a quick tour of the back lot...I had no idea it was a working studio. Amazing.

Then we ate our 1st of 5 meals in a sit-down themed restaurant. For lunch we ate at the Sci-Fi Drive In....It was so neat...you sit in cars and then there is a giant screen playing old drive in scary/alien/totally cheesy movies. It was fun...and great food too! (Grandma bought us meal plans...which means 2 meals and a snack each day are already paid for...sure does make dining more enjoyable when you don't have to worry about the totally outrageous prices! Thanks Grandma...again!)

Then...it was off character hunting...we ran into a few!

We enjoyed a few more attractions...watched the over-the-top block party with a bunch of characters in a very upbeat street show....and then Andy, Seth and I tackled the line for the brand new Toy Story ride. It was crazy long all day...but we jumped in and over an hour later we shot 3D lasers...and it was very very cool. The highlight---the line was indoors and decorated for kids and had an entertaining Mr. Potatoe Head....and running into 2 old old friends from college...how cool is that? The downside---standing in line for over an hour with a 4 year old who just drank a huge bottle of $4 lemonade meant a nice little hike for mommy and Seth back through the line...and then back up to daddy who was still standing in line. I seriously said EXCUSE US to probably 300 people today. Aw...this is what memories are made of!

We enjoyed a few more attractions including: Narnia, The Little Mermaid, a flight simulated Star Wars, and A History of the Movies Ride.

Then...we had reservations for another fun restaurant...the Prime Time Cafe. It is set up like a 50's home and the waitresses are a little gruff....I was told several times to get my elbows off the tables. The best part...it was home-cooking which included green veges and some fresh fruit...I always miss those on vacations. Again...a fun atmosphere for dinner.

We headed back to the hotel after that and the rest of the crew are sacked. Me...just blogging away and catching up on some emails.

It's been an awesome 2 days so far...and we've run Seth pretty hard (even w/ a stroller) . Today was a little rough...but...tomorrow is the Magic Kingdom and it is more suited I think for the little guys. We have our big Halloween party tomorrow night...and based on some of the costumes we've seen so far...it will be a blast. Don't know if I'll update before getting home...as we're out late the next couple nights...plus it's costing me money (doesn't EVERYTHING at Disney!)

This is an awesome...magical place! I'm already dreading coming home.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

OH...I wish I was there!!!

That Bugs life show scared Eli too at that age. FUNNY!

It sounds like you're having a BLAST...enjoy it...you guys deserve every minute of fun!!!!

and that Ipod machine...they have one in our grocery store! Only in Vegas...and the airports!

Have fun fun fun!!!!

Amber said...

You are taking me right back to our trip....last spring! It is magical!!!! I am so happy for you guys. :0)

Melissa said...

Oh, I'm so glad you got to do the new Toy Story ride. We tried several times but could never get the line shorter than 90 minutes. Joshua chose not to wait that long. I'm glad you're having a great time. Memories you will never forget, nor will Seth!

The Baileys said...

If you don't have dining reservations at the Magic Kingdom yet, the Crystal Palace is a good place to eat. It is a buffet and the Winnie the Pooh characters walk around to each table. Have a great time!

Tina:0) said...

Memories from high school! Our band went down my senior year & marched!

Glad you're having a wonderful time! Enjoy the rest of your trip & have a safe journey home!

Laura said...

Whew! I'm exhausted just reading the blog - I can't imagine doing everything you've done in just 3 days. So glad you guys are having fun - you SO deserve it.

The Portas said...

Oh my gosh, I got butterflies just reading through your posts. I love vacation. It sounds like you are having so much fun together and I'm sooo happy for you guys. You all deserve this time away.

I bet Seth is just in heaven with all that cool stuff to take in.

Enjoy the rest of the time! I'm looking forward to more updates. Take lots of pics and tell us all the details! oxoxx