Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Disney Day 5

And again...we were blessed with another perfect day. The weather the past 2 days has been nothing but amazing. We slept in (a little), grabbed a quick breakfast and headed back to the Magic Kingdom. Again...it wasn't very crowded and we were able to finish out all the rides we didn't get to yesterday and a couple of Seth's favorites...the Indy cars and he LOVES the Tomorrowland train that goes through Space Mountain.

tAnd he even got his "mouse ears" today!

We made a special effort to watch the afternoon parade. Did I mention how much I love the parades. It was a little hot and I just have so much compassion for those characters...but you would never know it...they have so much energy! And...while we were waiting for the parade some friends from church walked by...it is a "small world" after all!

Then...we jumped back on the monorail to head over to Epcot...to finish it and see it in the daylight hours...plus that's where our dinner reservations were.We rode the space ride (the one that goes through the giant ball...Seth LOVES it cause it has the movie with your face in it at the end). Then...off to the World Showcase for dinner at the Mexican Restaurant.NOw...you may know I LOVE Mexican...however...this is was AUTHENTIC Mexican...not the TexMex stuff. But it was good (just different) and we were glad we tried it...it's one of those meals you would probably never order again...but you were glad you experienced it...once!

Andy had some "research" to do after dinner so we split up for a while. He is coaching the academic team and the topic is the Viking history this year. He was told at his seminar in Indy a few weeks ago that the best place to get info was in the Norway exhibit at EPCOT...how lucky was that? So while he was doing that Seth, Grandma and I went on a character hunt...and guess who we found over in England?

We actually headed back to the hotel at a decent hour tonight and FINALLY got a chance to go swimming in the resort pool. It was a little on the chilly side...at 8:30 at night...but then again...it is almost November! Seth loved it...and we promised him another quick dip in the morning. Back in the room...we did some packing and Seth also got a chance to dig into his stash (actually...it's Andy's and mine too) He was so excited...we had to sort it all out into piles based on the type of candy and then he sorted into the candy he likes and stuff he wants to give away.
So...it's late...but I just had to update...while the memories were still fresh. We head out at 11 tomorrow so we are done at the parks (boo hoo) but will have some time to enjoy and explore the resort...something we just haven't done yet.

The past 4 days...and especially these past 2 have been amazing...How I pray that Seth will hold onto some of these memories. I bought a scrapbook pad of Disney paper tonight...and can't wait to get started...although it doesn't seem like I took a lot of pictures...over 100 in 4 days will keep me plenty busy and give a great representation of the trip!

It was so fun to read your comments...and hear how our trip brings back your magical memories...how fun!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Only 100 pics in 4 days? You did great. I had over 300 which made choosing way too difficult! You got great pictures and will treasure them all. LOVE the one with Seth and his stash of candy! We've never been to disney during Halloween party, but I think we may have to try it sometime!

Tina:0) said...

Sounds like you all are having a great time! I'm sure Seth will remember such a great trip. I'm 'in my 30's' (oh, how I hate to admit that!) & I still remember a trip to DisneyLand in California when I was about 2! It made such a lasting impression!

Praying that you have a safe, relaxing trip home!

LeAnne said...

Disney is such a magical place...for all ages! So glad to hear that you had a great time. Hope you have a safe trip home! Oh, and be prepared to be COLD!!
LeAnne Stahl

The Portas said...

Krista, I just have to tell you again how much FUN this is to read. I feel like I'm sitting down with a good book or ready to watch a good movie when I have opened your website the past few days. Thanks for sharing all of this with us! Your trip looks just amazing. Seth will for sure hold onto some of these memories. They are too good not to.

Keep blogging! Can't wait to read more about the resort....xoxoxo

Deanna said...

So, so fun!!! WE LOVE DISNEY!!!!!!!!!

When you get a minute.... TAG, YOU'RE IT!!! Check out my blog for info.... I promise it is a fun one though!