Monday, November 3, 2008

Kate's Kart grows again

So...here we grow again. Yep...we are adding another hospital. We will be serving the newborn babies and families at Parkview North in their Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. I'm really looking forward to this...especially being able to encourage the new mom's to read to their babies. The Kart is painted...and Samantha, our apron maker in Texas, sent 2 more aprons today in the mail! THANKS!

So...maybe you're a local blog reader and would like to join in on all the fun! We are having a special training session on Monday, Nov. 10 at 3:30. It will pertain just to Kate's Kart...and will be a great way to get trained for either Parkview and/or Parkview North. Please email me at KatesKart@verizon.net if you are interested...and we will get you plugged in! We are in need of more volunteers...come on...it's so much fun...and rewarding!

And...also, incase any of my loyal readers are not able to volunteer in the hospitals, but really want to get involved...we have a place for you. One of our board members is putting together a committee to plan a major fundraiser for next June ...a community wide ice cream social in honor of Kate's birthday. She needs some willing hands to make some calls or contacts or serve on a sub-committee. If you are willing to give a little of your time...please let me know and I will forward your info to Jenny. We promise it won't be overwhelming...but it's a great way to get involved with this amazing little project...that keeps growing and growing!

So...it's amazing...we even got a $500 donation from REMC (our electrical company)! How awesome is that.

We need a few more hands...and a few more books geared for babies and newborns. Now's your chance to dive in...you won't regret it...I promise. And as always....THANK YOU...everyday I am amazed at how far we've come in 5 short months. AMAZING! Let me know how we can get you plugged in!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

That's amazing Krista!

I wish that we lived closer...you'll have to get a kart out here!!!

Kelly said...

You're post made me smile. You're doing amazing things. Kate is touching so many lives. =) Good job Mom!

The Portas said...

AWESOME! This is so wonderful. I wish I lived closer, too. I would absolutely love to volunteer.

Melissa said...

That's so excited and Parkview North is much closer to home for you! Maybe you'll have the opportunity to touch the lives of people you know personally through Kate's Kart!

Tina:0) said...

That's great! I wish it wasn't an hour+ drive or I'd gladly come & help out! Maybe a kart here in the eastern sector?!

Our Family said...

I'm so excited for you and the charity. You're right, it is amazing what a community can do when it involves helping children. Bummer that I live across the country. I plan on sending a box of books soon. It's pretty much the only way I can help. That...and eating ice-cream!!

Vanessa said...

I'm so happy to hear the great news! I wish I lived by you so I could help out.