Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas at Grandmas


Backtracking just a little back to Christmas..

Of course Seth was spoiled again at Grandma's with more toys. It's funny how it worked out...she got him the same shake and go cars that go with his new racetrack...so he's pretty excited to have 8 cars to race. We ate lots of good food, as always and just relaxed. Andy's aunt and uncle stopped by along with 2 of his cousins. My parent's also came down for dinner...cause Grandma always makes enough food for an army.

We slept in the day after Christmas...I always seem to sleep well upstairs where you can't hear much of anything...plus Grandma gets up with Seth...so that's a super blessing. We just hung out...played with new toys and then left to pick up our new van! Woo hoo! (More on that later...I have lots of catching up to do!)

We were blessed with a wonderful Christmas, surrounded by our family. There were always those moments when we thought of Kate...wondered what gift she would be opening. We missed her terribly this Christmas...and I had my cry during the Christmas Eve service. She will always be our special Christmas angel this time of year. We love you sweet girl!

Seth and Grandma

Mack the truck...and his new CARS cars.

Opening presents

Grandma even got him a souvenir bus from Disney in his stocking


5 comments:

mina said...

I love it! Boys are all about cars and trucks, aren't they?

I'm sure Christmas must have been quite bittersweet this year, without Kate, but remember, she will always be your precious angel.

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for Grandma's! I too love it when ours is at our house because I can sleep in too. What a luxary when you have kids! :) Glad you guys had a good Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I forgot the last post was from me Jenny Johnson in Indiana.

Kathy said...

He's all boy...isn't he???
can't wait to hear about that new van!

Eat up and enjoy the holidays!

The Portas said...

Trucks, trucks, trucks...that is our house, too! I'm so happy you had such a nice Christmas. Sounds like a perfect time...oxxo