Monday, December 15, 2008

Another week goes by...

I still have to admit to be failing miserably at keeping up w/ my postings. I've been feeling better...but still am WAY tired. Most nights I am anxiously wanting to jump into bed at 8:30. I've had a few boughts w/ the nauseousness...but it's much better. We go to the doctor again on Wednesday...I'm anxious again to hear what he has to say.

So...here it goes...summing up another week in the life of the Laymans.

--Decorating the Christmas tree: Early last week we decorated the live tree...it's a beautiful tree full of tons of ornaments w/ lots of memories. It was bittersweet to hang up Kate's...but those will always have a special place in our hearts. Seth our little decorator is loved hanging up the ornaments...and who cares that there are 10 on the same branch!!


--Making Christmas cookies: Seth and I have been busy little bakers...baking up about 6 varieties of Christmas cookies. I've cut back...a few years ago I made like 16 varieties and sold Christmas platters....not this year. Seth LOVES baking (or should I say licking and snacking) He really is a pretty good helper. Fun memories we are building.





--I had my December scrap night. We had a small gift exchange and lots of great chatting. I finished the Disney album and worked some on Seth's 1 year old album. I've got a serious deadline now...I must get caught up w/ Seth before July...I MUST!


--Grandma came to town and spent the night. She and Seth had a date day and went to the movies and dinner. Andy and I were supposed to spend the day shopping...but after lunch I was feeling pretty nauseous...so we came back for a nap. We did get a little shopping done later that evening...but definitely didn't cross everything off of our list like I had hoped.


--Grandma spent the night and we went to our church's Christmas Celebration...it's amazing. They bring in some of our local philharmonic...and the songs they sing are incredible. What a celebration of the birth of Christ.

--Sunday marked a year since we lost Pampa. It was good to all be together....we all commented on how we can't believe how fast the year has gone. We miss Pampa dearly...but celebrate his painfree eternal home!

--We celebrated Nana's birthday! We love you Nana! And...she even brought dinner to her own little celebration...how awesome is that!

--I spoke to a 2nd grade class about Kate's Kart. They were so interested in everything about Kate and had awesome questions. Their class is bringing in books and money to support us. Actually...I can't wait to report on all the groups doing something special for us for the holidays.

--The boys went shopping tonight on their own. Andy had Seth pick out gifts totally on his own...I can't wait to see what he picked for me! I may have to do some peeking before Christmas!!

4 comments:

Tina:0) said...

What busy little beavers you all are! We did our cookie baking already, too - wanted to get it done before my hospital stay later this week:0)

NO PEEKING, MOMMA!! That takes the fun out of it:0)

Hope you're nausea-free soon!

Vanessa said...

You are always so busy. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you guys.

LeAnne said...

It was good to see you last night. Thanks for yelling my name! =) I felt like I was running around like a mad woman all day, so sorry if I was a bit "out of it!" I hope you found what you were looking for and that you start to feel better and energized! Have a great, friends & family filled Christmas!!
-LeAnne Stahl

The Portas said...

I just love the cookies, decorated so cutely. :) Seth is such a little helper! And your tree...it's beautiful! WOW!

Yucky nausea...hopefully it goes away very soon. Despite it, though, it sounds like you've had a full week, full of fun things! Here's hoping for no more yucky nausea! Have a good rest of your week..xoxoxo