Friday, December 19, 2008

It's Icy Out There

Well...it's a bonus day added to Christmas break! We've been hit by a pretty nasty ice storm and everything is shut down. As much fun as it is to have a snow day...I feel bad for all the little ones missing out on their school Christmas parties...Seth said he'll just have to celebrate Jesus' birthday later. Me...I was planning on finishing my shopping while Seth was in school...not today!




It's beautiful outside...all the trees covered w/ ice. But...the question of the day....will we end up losing the rest of our tree? (Remember what happened early summer?) It's leaning pretty badly.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

ohh...that just gave me the goose bumps!

Ok..i just shot you over an email..
but, tell Andy that time just ran out,..but, I was SO going to make him a Charlie Brown tree topper...
maybe after the holidays I'll still make it and send it and he can put it away for next year!

REST mama REST!
love,
kathy

Tina:0) said...

Krista -

Just got back from the hospital a couple of hours ago... lets just say I'm tired. The pictures you posted remind me of our ice storm back in '04. We were without power for 3 days then!

I'm so glad to hear that everything is going so well with this pregnancy! That due date would be neat!! (I'm still voting for the 6th)

Hope you all have a good weekend, with no more ice!

Tina:0)

Vanessa said...

That poor tree has been through hell. I couldn't imagine being in that kind of weather. I walked out to check my mail earlier without a jacket because it's so nice here. I have my windows open and enjoying the fresh air. I just checked and it's 66 degrees today. I would love a white christmas one day though.