Sunday, January 18, 2009

And the winner is...

I apologize for my tardiness in posting...we had to go and pick up Seth after he spent the night with Grandma.

So....Deanna, Kathy, Melanee, Melissa...what's it like?
What's it like being outnumbered in your own house by boys?

Yep...we're adding a little boy to our family and we are very excited about it. Seth is excited to share all his old clothes. His toys...not so much! Most importantly, we are just thrilled that all is healthy so far and the doc sees no reason for suspicions. We have our major ultrasound on the "big" machine on Feb. 9...so prayers are appreciated until then when the doc will be able to sign off on everything...including the heart.

So the final vote was: 23 girl votes to 18 boy votes...even after Kathy's ever-so-clever comment about it being early and them seeing "something." Who knows if we'd would have known the other way...the doc does have all the latest equipment and knows what he's doing.

And the winner...of our ever so scientific contest!
I wrote down everybody's name on a piece of paper and put them all in a basket...mixed them up and had Seth draw out a slip of paper! Seriously...it was all fair and on the up and up!

And the winner is.....Mina, commenter #1, even though she guessed a girl, she is still the winner of a Valentine Basket I will put in the mail soon. Mina is another heart mom...so it'll be a special Valentine Heart Basket! Congratulations!

Thanks to everyone who played along...left a comment and most importantly...is praying for this little one! Who knows...maybe we'll have another contest later on. We have all sorts of things to guess: weight, date, name??

More about our weekend later...I'm off to iron...iron...iron! Fun...fun...fun!

14 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah! As you already know, boys are so fun! And 2 boys are even better. Our youngest is truly a gift from God, as are all children! There are days that I think about how much we prayed for him and thought about him and then he climbs up on my lap and gives me a big wet kiss! I'm sure as they get older I will get overwhelmed with testosterone, but it will be worth it! I'm so happy for you all!

mina said...

Ooooo, thanks Krista! I'm so excited! Seth will have such a great time showing his baby brother the ropes. I watch it happen with Hamza and Bilal everyday. Hoping your pregnancy progresses well. Keep us updated!

Kathy said...

I'm SO excited for you!
A house full of boys...prepare yourself. They will LOVE you to death...but, pee all over your bathroom.

I'm begging Joe to please install a urinal in one bathroom...the BOYS BATHROOM...and make them all go to that one! (or maybe this isn't all boys..and I just have ones with horrible aim!)

I am so happy for you...I just want to reach through the screen and hug you so tight (tell Seth to do it for me!!)

Talk to you soon,
get some sleep!~!
kathy

LeAnne said...

Congratulations Krista and family! I knew that this child would be loved unconditionally...boy or girl. Hope things continue to go well. Stay warm! ~LeAnne Stahl

LeeAnne said...

CONGRATS! I am really happy for you...but.......it goes against my symmetry plan!!!

HA! I am so glad things are going well!

Tina:0) said...

What wonderful news!! This way Seth has someone to teach all the fun boy stuff to!

Still praying for wonderful outcomes with all the tests (as we all know there will be!).

Rest up, Krista... you'll need that energy!

Deanna said...

Hoorah! Congratulations!!! :)

Amy Sprunger said...

Oooohh, now do we all get to vote on the name? I'm kidding.

So happy for you three!

Amy

Melanee said...

It is loud, messy and very blessed :) I couldn't be more excited that you get to watch this tiny one developing and that you are getting great reports each doctor visit.

Kelly said...

Yeah for a boy! I'm so excited for you guys.

To be honest, if we ever have another child, I'm praying for a boy. I think it would be easier on me emotionally. Something different that I can't associate anything with. Sounds funny, but that's what my heart is saying.

Team Blue! How fun!

Sharyn said...

I'm so happy for you and Andy and Seth! I've been thinking about you a lot and I'm glad to hear things are going well.

You are a blessing!
Love, Sharyn

Anonymous said...

Krista, I have been away from your blog for too long! Last night I kept thinking about all of you and had a dream you were pregnant! Funny how we get messages, isn't it??:) I guess the anniversary weighs on our hearts and yet I feel so blessed to have known your wonderful family and enjoyed Kate so...what a blessing Kates Kart is to so many! As a mom surrounded by boys, I feel so blessed! You'll likely find 2 very different kiddos who bring more happiness into your life than you ever thought possible! Mine are now 20 and 26 and great buddies....the age gap has never been an issue...except when we went into the older ones room to play when he was at school! Oops, caught again!:) Sending hugs!
Donna D.

Vanessa said...

Looks like I missed your contest. Congratulations!!!! Another little boy...how exciting. :)

The Portas said...

A BOY!!! How fun! I hear boy households are more manageable because of the lack of drama. :)

I bet Seth is so excited to be a big brother and take his little bro under his wing.

Congrats!!!!!!!