Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thank You!

Thank you...for the kind comments...the phone calls...the cards...the prayers...the thoughts...the friendships. We have felt them all day. Just like when we were in the hospital...I came to the computer today just to read the comments...just for a little inspiration. Thank you to all of you who have so graciously carried us this past year. Seriously...the friends and family are what have helped us in so many ways.


It was a day...not great...not terrible. Andy did get the day off school. This morning we were pretty lazy...I think the only think I got accomplished was changing the sheets on the bed. This afternoon...we ran a few errands and then some neighbor kids came over to play a bit. We did enjoy a wonderful dinner at Casa w/ my parents and Andy and I just watched our Thursday night TV shows.


We did send a balloon to Kate. Seth thought this was really cool. We each wrote a note and let the balloon go. It is absurdly cold out there...so it was a quick release. I found it interesting...the balloon headed straight for a star...could it have been her star?

Thank you again...for sharing in our journey! We love you all!

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

What a wonderful thing to do for Kate. I'm sure Seth really enjoyed that.

We love you guys!

Tina:0) said...

I'm sure it was her star! It just makes sense!!

Thank YOU for sharing YOUR journey... you touch so many people through Kate's Kart & this blog!

Love ya, friend!

Amy Sprunger said...

I'm sure it was her star!

I can just picture Kate reaching out to catch her balloon. Sweet girl.

xoxo

Andrea said...

I'm glad you were able to spend the day together. What a great idea to send Kate a balloon! Even though I didn't get a chance to comment yesterday, I was thinking of you guys and your inspiring story. I'm glad that you were able to feel the love of so many.

The Portas said...

Awwww, the balloon idea is so sweet. I love the colors in the sky in the pic. Beauty all around you! And certainly, yes, it was her star pulling the balloon toward it.

Lots of love and hugs being sent your way...have a great weekend..xoxox

Anonymous said...

You have been in our thoughts and prayers so very much this week. I remembered Kate on Thursday by going to Dick Mollica'a funeral, where Kate's Kart was mentioned frequently, and then rolling the Kart at Parkview North. What a beautiful act of God to use this little girl to to touch so many lives! Love to you all, Linda & Jim

Melanee said...

I have been thinking about you guys - and Kate all week. I wonder if winter will always make me think of her? I am so thankful for the testimony you live before others about faith in the midst of grief and hope in the midst of sorrow. What a joy it brings me and others to remember her each time I roll the "Kart"!