Friday, February 6, 2009

Any doctor's out there?

So it's WAY late and I can't sleep. Can anyone explain this to me....
For the past couple weeks...Every night, I wake up sometime between 1 and 3 am and have a total sinus let-down for about 20-40 minutes. My nose literally runs non-stop and I have that constant need to sneeze. It's miserable...cause obviously I can't sleep through it...either can Andy with me blowing my nose every 20 seconds. If this lasts the rest of the pregnancy....UGUGHGH! It's so bizarre....even with me allergies, I don't have episodes like this during the day.

And...I am totally overwhelmed with Facebook this week. Several months ago, I set up a page...but did nothing with it...well...I added a few friends...and now people are coming out of the woodwork. It's been amazing to see who has found me...and reconnect with some old high school friends...and a bunch of my old youth group kids (who aren't so youthy anymore...married and having kids, Yikes). It's been fun...but I am feeling guilty cause I don't have the time to be significantly corresponding with these people...especially since our computer has now decided to randomly shut down periodically through the day. But...it's kinda fun.

Well...I think my sinuses have stopped...I'm going to try and hit the sack again. I am speaking at a MOPS (Mother of Preschoolers) tomorrow about Kate's Kart...it's a early morning of get up and go for Seth and me. Can't believe the weekend is here again...it's going to be fun, more details to come.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

No doctor here and sorry have no idea what's going on with you. BUT, I'm heading to Facebook right now to find you!!

The Portas said...

The baby is messing with your sinuses! I hope it stops happening soon..

Me, too. Facebook is addicting, and crazy!

Gramma J said...

Max is having the same problem....and no he is not pregnant!
His nose is running like a faucet and he will sneeze nonstop! He went to the doctor and believe it or not his sinuses are DRIED OUT! The gross explanation is your sinus are over-producing moisture (aka snot) to try and get the sinuses back to being moist. He is using an over the counter saline solution and running a humidifier 24 hrs a day. This seems to help a bit. Give it a try. Hope that helps!

Tiffany said...

I hope I'll always feel more "youthy" than "adulty" :)

Kathy said...

oh Krista...

i hope your snot clears up soon...that's no fun.
just twist some toilet paper up, shove it up your nose, and breathe through your mouth (that's how i deal with the runny snot when i NEED to sleep!)

have fun tomorrow at the preschool

Tina:0) said...

Hope the sinuses are better. Mine have been giving me trouble, & I know that I'm NOT pregnant:0)

Hope your chat about Kate's Kart was fun:0) I'm addicted to facebook too!

Oh, BTW - if you get a chance, I've got something you need to see over on Vaeh's blog...:0)

Anonymous said...

Facebook is HORRIBLY addictive! Just do it when you have time...have fun...and don't feel guilty. I love it, but you are so right! It's time consuming!

Mandy Kling (it won't let me sign it today...ugh!)