Friday, February 6, 2009

Hopefully....a remedy!

So...I'm going with Gramma J's theory...now that I think about it...my whole sinus thing started when our humidifier stopped working. Plus...my skin is SO dry...so guess what we did tonight...Yep...took ourselves to Lowe's and bought us a brand new doozie of a humidifier...I have that thing cranked up and it's gonna be a sauna in this house tonight...Let's hope it works.
My talk at MOPS this morning went really well...a great group of ladies who are going to do a book collection for us. It was the first time I spoke to a room full of moms...I saw lots of tears...it was probably one of the hardest talks to get through.
Well...I have always thought about joining a MOPS group...and it was all a God thing today. I was sitting at a table...and that group just had someone drop out...I guess there is a waiting list...if you need child-care...but since it fits perfectly in the time slot that Seth has preschool...I got in...since I don't need childcare. So...I'm excited...excited to meet some nice Christian moms...get out of the house...learn some new ideas and get inspired. I just thought it was cool how it all worked out.
Later today I had Seth's parent-teacher conference at preschool. Overall he's a good kid...he knows his stuff but struggles with his fine motor (he wants to fist his pencil) and needs to learn to sit down...he's a guy constantly on the move. We had decided to put him in a Kindergarten Prep class next year instead of sending him to the Big K...With his summer birthday he just barely makes the cut-off and we think another year of Pre-school will only benefit him. Plus...I really can't even imagine putting that little guy on a school bus in a few months (like I will be able to in a year). So next year he'll have preschool every morning...kinda like a kindergarten schedule, I guess.
And...it's a big weekend for us....someone is celebrating a birthday next week and it's a BIG one (Lordy, Lordy, looks who's ____) Can I really be married to someone that OLD! Since his birthday falls during the week...Grandma is taking Seth for the night and Andy is picking out a date night for us...I'll be sure to fill you in. He gets to pick the movie, dinner, dessert...everything! Then, on Sunday we'll celebrate his birthday with his mom when we pick up Seth.
And...bonus...Nana and Oompa (my parents) just offered to keep Seth and the cousins next weekend on Valentine's Day...EXTRA BONUS. We have the best set of grandparents EVER!
Well...I'll leave you all with my preggy belly picture. It doesn't work well for me to take the month by month...cause ideally you have to start with a flat stomach...so here's me at 18 weeks (almost 1/2 way) Showing just enough that no one wants to say anything until I say it first!

Hugs to all...

6 comments:

mina said...

Very cute preggy belly. You know, you can have sinus congestion just because your pregnant too. I used to get occasional nosebleeds. I hope the humidifier does the trick. And remember to hydrate from the inside too!

Yep, That's Really Our Name! said...

You look great! And congrats on all the alone time you scored with the hubby! As a kindergarten teacher, I am jealous that your state has such an early cut-off. Ours is December 2nd!!! Sometimes half of my class is 4 years old when we start the year! You made a good decision. Not only will you think he's too little to get on a school bus next year, but imagine him going away to college a year younger than he could....

Tina:0) said...

Alone time... how do you schedule that?! (LoL) Hope you two have a nice night out:0)

You look great!!! Hoping the humidifier does the trick for ya!

kristi in st louis said...

Oh I know your MOPS group will be blessed by having you in the group - just as you will be blessed by being there too! Also, what day is Andy's b-day? Mine is this week too...Wednesday in fact. My family has Awana that night, so we will celebrate the next day.
Glad to read in your last post that you are feeling better.

Melissa said...

You look great Krista. I'm very jealous that you are getting to spend so much time with your hubby! I really miss having the grandparents close by! Tell Andy I said Happy Birthday. Gary will be 40 next year too and I'm in shock that I'm married to someone who's almost 40.

The Portas said...

Krista, you look so wonderful. Glowing and just...wonderful! And I'm very happy that MOPS was a positive thing. I know you will be a huge blessing to that group.