Monday, March 2, 2009

Beautiful

We just got home from another quick...and good trip to see the baby doc. You never get tired of hearing him say..."beautiful" That was his word of the day: "beautiful brain, beautiful spine, and of course, beautiful heart" Everything looks great...we're on the easy road for the next few weeks. Oh yeah...he has no hair....yet!

Here's the pic the doc handed Andy on our way out. I have NO IDEA what it is of (well, I know it's of some angle of the baby). So...if you're an expert at reading ultrasound pics...I'd love to know what we're looking at.

Here's a cute pic from last visit that I never got posted...this is easy...aren't those the cutest little toes ever!




Today I went upstairs to shower and left Seth downstairs playing cars. Well...I emerge later only to find him busy doing this...



Yes...my 4 year old was folding laundry. He had taken it out of the dryer...reloaded the washer and dryer and was busy folding. Not only does he now sort, load and unload...he is now into folding...and he wants to do it all by himself. I guess I can't complain. He was just too cute...it took him a while...but he would lay each shirt out on the floor and do his little best to keep it folded. What a sweetheart...aren't you jealous.

The only step of laundry he is not capable of doing is turning the knob to the right setting to start the laundry...otherwise...this kid is a pro! Unfortunately...his "laundry spurt" only lasts about 1-2 loads...then he is on to better things...but for now, I'll take the help whenever I can get it.

12 comments:

Melanee said...

So glad to hear your "beautiful" report. And, I believe your future daughter-in-law is already thanking you for those skills you are teaching your son! Sean proclaimed yesterday, "I made my bed. Now you owe me two bucks.". Clearly my training isn't going as well as yours :)

Andrea said...

I'm glad you had a good appointment with the pediatrician. I'm also glad you don't know what that first ultrasound picture is showing, because I have no idea! I was staring at it before I read what you wrote and could not figure it out! Any chance Seth could come spend a week with us and teach my kids to fold laundry?

Kathy said...

oh my gosh...send Seth to my house! I have SO many clothes...he'd be in heaven!

I'm glad to hear and see such a beautiful baby BOY!

mina said...

I am so jealous, what a great helper Seth is!

Congrats on the great report from your doctor!

Anonymous said...

What day is Seth available to help me??? Linda

Karmen said...

How sweet of Seth to help you do the laundry! Keep it up!

And YAY for the "beautiful" report on your baby boy! No clue on what the picture is showing either! ha!

The Portas said...

I'm so happy you got a BEAUTIFUL report! Breathe a huge sigh of relief...

The u/s pic looks like we're looking down on his head and the tops of his bent knees?

Folding laundry?? And WANTING to fold laundry. You are a lucky mama. I'll take 1-2 loads any day! Seth is awesome!

I hope you are feeling well today! oxox

b.wbergsma said...

Greetings, Krista! (: After having had a number of ultrasounds with both my boys, I've become pretty adept at deciphering the pictures, and here's what I see when I look at the picture of your Beautiful Baby:

See the round part to the right of the picture? That's his head, and if you look closely, you can see his eyes and nose. It's almost as if he was looking at the computer screen when they snapped the shot. AND, I think this is the cutest part, the thin vertical line looks like his arm ... it looks like he's waving at you ...

Congrats on everything going so awesome! We'll keep praying for a smooth pregnancy for you and the little one!

Wendi B. (:

Melissa said...

That is definately a beautiful baby! I believe you are looking at the top of the head down onto the baby, probably knees/legs and it looks like maybe a few fingers or toes. Whatever parts of your baby it is, he is definately beautiful.

And you are so blessed to have such a sweet 4 year old boy who wants to help all the time. My laundry is piling up, pack him up and send him down here please!

LeeAnne said...

Ok, yes I am jealous. I need to show Lynzi how to do laundry! That is so neat how he did that on his own. Ok, first ultrasound pic...NO CLUE! But....beautiful indeed!

Anonymous said...

After many times studying the picture, all of a sudden I see his eyes, nose and mouth. So Cute!!!
Nana

Amy said...

Seth you are so cute and such a big helper! Good job kiddo. Your little brother is really going to think your cool!

Amy