Friday, October 2, 2009

CAKE!

Tomorrow our church is having a Fall Fest. As part of it...they asked for cakes to be donated...and there would be a contest! Well...I signed myself up.
I must say...I am quite impressed with my cake.
And here's the best part of the whole cake....I had to cut a small sliver...just so the judges could get the full effect of the cake.

How cute is that? I saw it on a someone else's blog...and thought it would be fun to try. It was...and for my first attempt at a layer cake, I think it turned out pretty cute. So...we'll see if it wins...even if it didn't, it was fun!

9 comments:

Tina:0) said...

I saw this on a couple of blogs, too! I was wondering how easy it was... I may have to branch out from my cooking baking this week & try this cake! It looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! This is the MOST AMAZING cake I think I've ever seen in my entire life!! :)

Nice job, KK!

Love ya,
Mira

Deanna said...

Oh my goodness, you are an overachiever! Amazing!!! :) When I read the recipe on Mckmama's blog, I thought, "I will never be trying that.... although, it is VERY cool!"

Kristi said...

I would love to know the link to the recipe or directions! Looks great!

Jennifer said...

I love the cake! It looks very cool.

Vanessa said...

I have to try that! You have to share the recipe for this.

LeeAnne said...

WOW! Yes, very cute!!! Did you win??

Mel said...

That is awesome! Sean's 9th birthday is next Tuesday - maybe I can get him interested in this - looks fun!

Oh - and Grant's pics are adorable too :)

The Portas said...

This looks like the cake recently on MckMama's blog. Fun! I thought it looked fun (and yummy) there, and it does here, too!