Thursday, June 17, 2010

All Consuming...

Everyday I am truly amazed...totally amazed at what is happening with Kate's Kart. This is so a GOD THING! Last weekend...I got the paper and there she was! I go into various stores around town....and there is a poster advertising for the ice cream social. I turn on the radio...I hear a blurb from WBCL advertising for Kate's Kart as their summer outreach program. I answer the phone...and talk to yet another group about doing a presentation for their VBS or school or church or office.

Yes...right now Kate's Kart is almost all consuming. Our 2nd annual ice cream social is this weekend...we are planning for 1000 people. We have tons of ice cream...we have live entertainment....we have over 80 volunteers just for this event...we have like 12 tents to set up....we had t-shirts printed...we have a committee working their tales off...we have over 25 door prizes...face painters...clowns....llamas...balloons. There will even be a book fair in the park.

Meanwhile....Board members are writing new grants...We got news we received a significant grant from Riley Children's Hospital...I'm preparing for 5 different presentations this week alone...we're talking about adding 4 more hospitals this summer...we're making trips to the shed daily, loading and unloading books...training new volunteers.

Let me tell you...this is not a one man job....I am so grateful for the hundreds of volunteers...friends and family who have made this such a success in thousands of different ways. We are celebrating 2 years of Kate's Kart...I just totaled...we have given away....17,628 books in those 2 years. WOW! People are regularly asking: When is this going national? I don't know what to say....I can just pray...pray that God is leading this thing...pray that HE has a plan...pray that we will follow.

Thursday...WBCL is broadcasting from Barnes & Noble stores....taking donations from 11-6....B&N is giving us a % of all sales that day (mention Kate's Kart at checkout). Buy for yourself...buy from our wishlist...we all win! You can also shop online through 6/21...just enter code # 10224004. Andy and I are going to pick up books and donations...what will we find?

Friday...I have to go on the news...I'm not real excited about it...excited about sharing about Kate's Kart...not so excited about being on the news.

Who would have ever thought? In 10 days...Kate will be 4! I can't imagine any better way to celebrate our little girl. And boy...does she know how to throw a party!

1 comments:

Tina:0) said...

Woo Hoo!!!! This amazing little girl continues to touch lives... maybe around the country soon?!

I've been hearing about you guys on WBCL for a few weeks & smile every time:0) Praying for a beautiful day & wonderful turnout for the ice cream social!