Sunday, November 21, 2010

Season of Thanksving -- 6


Today...(and everyday) I am thankful for my faith. Seriously I don't know where I would be without it. My faith is (I pray) what defines who I am...what shapes me...what molds me.
--thankful that because of my faith...because of Christ's death...I WILL spend eternity with HIM and with my daughter! I WILL see her again.

--thankful that HIS grace is sufficient..it is ALL I need.

--thankful for the authentic real relationships I made from church friends

--thankful for new friendships forming with new church friends

--thankful for 8+ years in youth ministry as a career...changing lives...building memories with students...who in turn taught me.

--thankful that I live in a country where I can freely worship my saviour and have several Bibles sitting on my bookshelf

--thankful for a church where I can learn, grow, serve, and be encouraged

--thankful for a church family that covered us in prayer during Kate's illness and death

--thankful for incredible worship music that lifts my soul

--thankful that I am made, accepted and given eternal life...my sin is FORGIVEN

--thankful for the HOPE I have...because of the promises He gave

--thankful that my faith has led me to live a life of integrity...one I can be proud of (Not that I have never made mistakes...but overall...it's been good)



There are many verses that are important to me...but the one I cling to...the first verse I ever memorized is this:

Trust in the Lord with all your Heart, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path...Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comments:

The Saunders Family said...

Amen, how blessed we are to be born into God-fearing families, something we can't take for granted anymore!