Friday, November 19, 2010

Season of Thanksgiving -- 4


Today my thoughts go to how grateful I am that I am able to stay home with the boys. What an honor and privilege it is to spend my days with them. I love that I get to experience first hand all those first time milestones. Now I won't lie...there are those days when I wish I was in a cubicle, by myself...but most of the time I find complete joy in being home.

--thankful for the time that I have with each of boys. Love that I have that one-on-one time with each of them....mornings with Grant and nap time with Seth.
--thankful that I don't have to make last minute plans when one of them wakes up sick.
--thankful that the boys get the comfort of their own home
--thankful for the lunchtime conversations
--thankful that on those cloudy, rainy afternoons we can just play games
--thankful for the picnics and play dates on a warm sunny afternoon

But most of all...I am thankful that Andy puts in so many extra hours...working detention and tutoring after school and working at the pool during the summer...so that I can stay home. I thankful that we agree that keeping our boys at home is a priority for us. And if that means pinching pennies...that is a small price to pay.

I by NO means am criticizing those who aren't able to stay home...today...I am just thankful that I can.

1 comments:

The Saunders Family said...

the memories will never be able to be repeated...so wonderful that we are privileged to experience them with our kiddos each and every day.