Friday, January 14, 2011

In my next "life!"

Someday...when I have the time...I would love to learn how to REALLY decorate a cookie. I am amazed at the skills I see on some of the cookie blogs I follow. I would LOVE to have the steady hand to print like this on a cookie!

or...to make something that would even resemble these works of art


I think the key, beyond just being an artist (which I am NOT)...is patience. I just don't think I have the patience...but maybe someday...when I don't have a one year old pulling a chair over to the counter so he can get his little paws all over my cookies...someday when I have nothing better to do...I'll perfect my skills. Maybe someday...I'll invest in the proper tools and bags and tips to do the job right!

But for today...I tried my best. I saw an example of these on the internet and thought they were so cute...and a perfect treat for Seth to take to basketball tomorrow. Actually, I was pleasantly surprised with my amateur attempt. The bottom layer was a little TOO runny and ended up pooling off the cookie (instead of just running a little over). I didn't have a ton of time or all the right tools...but they are for 6 year old boys!

And someday...I'll take a photography class and get a really cool camera so that my pictures don't always turn out yellow in my kitchen!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

those are so cute! Way to go!

Amanda said...

You did great. I am impressed this was only a first attempt!

Jackie said...

Great cookies! I'll have to save the links for next Christmas. You could do any of those others with a bit of practice, the steady hand comes with time and practice.

Oh and the yellow colour in the photo's is probably down to the white balance on your camera. You can either dig out the camera manual and find the page about white balance, or get a photo manipulation programme on your computer to alter it afterwards. The best option is to set the balance on the camera to the light type that you're in. I'll bet some of your snow photo's come out blue too? Is your camera set on 'auto'?

Jackie said...

I had a play with one of your pictures and posted the result here - I hope you don't mind! No one except my best friend ever reads my blog anyway but I'll take the pictures off if you don't like them there.

Jackie said...

forgot the link...

http://dog-hair-in-my-dinner.blogspot.com/

SweetSugarBelle said...

=-) You did AWESOME!!!