Saturday, January 15, 2011

Missing Her

It's really really hard for me to believe that it has been 3 years...3 years today since I held my little girl in my arms. NEVER...did I imagine 4 and 1/2 years ago the journey my life would take. NEVER...did I imagine I could miss someone so much. NEVER... did I imagine that one little 18 month old girl with a broken heart could have such a legacy. Andy and I were talking tonight...how grateful we are for Kate's Kart...she is NOT forgotten and is still making a huge impact in this world. That is so important to us.

We've started a little tradition...releasing balloons on January 15. It was a crisp beautiful night tonight. Grant drew a picture, Seth wrote "i love you", and we wrote a note and we attached them and a Kate's Kart bookmark to the balloons. Grant LOVES balloons...it's one of his few words..and he wasn't too happy about letting go...but are any of us every really happy about "letting go"

Then...to celebrate Kate...of course we had to have a bowl of ice cream!






We miss her so much...and everyday that goes by...we're just one day closer to seeing her in heaven! How glorious is that!
PS...Fortunately the rest of the day went well...with lots of distraction. Seth had his basketball game...we all went to the Y...Seth and I built a monster train track/city and Andy & I went to a birthday party for a friend at church!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Love you and your sweet family! ((((HUGS!!!))))

The Saunders Family said...

what a special way to remember a special girl.

Kelly said...

Happy Angel Day sweet baby girl Kate.

Thank you for changing so many lives.

((hugs))