Saturday, January 15, 2011

She fixed my photos...all the way from England!

So I am so wanting photoshop! I just recently reconnected (thanks Facebook) with a friend that I worked with at boy scout camp...17 years ago! She was actually an international scout...and is from England. (Yes, I know...boy scout camp! My dad was director...that was the reason I worked there for 3 summers!). Anyway...it's fun to reconnect....and she read my blog post about wanting to be a decent photographer...and she evidently has some skills because she did this to my photos.





I had tried to take a decent picture...and the white balance was way off...even with me using the Program mode and switching it...but...if a computer program can do this...I'm ALL IN!
So...since unfortunately a road (boat/air) trip is not in the budget to get personal training from Jackie in England...what is everyone's thoughts...what program should I get...or at least put on my wish list. Anyone know how to use and would give me a quick tutorial? Anyone?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have followed your blog for a while but have never commented but there are a lot of free basic programs out there that you can do yourself and are super easy! One I like to use is Picasa! Good luck!

The Saunders Family said...

I use Picasa too, it's a nice place to start and they have a new feature that let's you edit in picnik also, which has some nice extra features. It's free and easy to download so you can't go wrong!

Kelly said...

If you want to spend money, Photoshop Elements is what I use here. It's nice for digital scrapbooking as well.

The internet is an amazing place to find free tutorials for any program you choose.

Jackie said...

I'm having a play with Gimp at the moment, it's free too. I've heard good things about Picasa too, and Serif. I use picasa to share photo's but not for editing. I'll try and have a play with that too. Don't spend any money Krista...

Jackie said...

Hey Krista, I've had a look at Gimp which is a free editing software, I think it will do what you want it to do. There are loads of on-line tutorials too. Also, which operating system do you run on? If you have windows see if you've got Microsoft Office Picture Manager, you can do some very basic colour corrections and cropping with that.