Sunday, March 6, 2011

Life in the Fast Lane

Wow...2 more weeks have gone by without an update on the life of the Laymans! ( I know all 5 of you are on the edge of your seat waiting to hear from us) You would think with 4 snow days 2 weeks ago, I would have had time...but maybe not...as EVERYONE was home and routine went out the window.

So, once again...a highlight of the last 2 weeks.

And how bout this cutie! He is growing so fast...he is busting out of his onesies!


Seth and I have been playing Scrabble. He saw me playing on the computer...so he wanted to play. I helped him out a little (okay, maybe a lot) but he quickly got the hang of it. What a great way to spend some time together during nap time for Grant...doing math, reading, dictionary skills...and some bonding!

We got Kart #14 primed and ready to be painted! Kate's Kart is headed to Warsaw to Kosciusko Community Hospital. It's hard to believe!



Seth had his last Upward b-ball game of the year! Wow...those 2 months went fast. He had a super game and really showed a lot of improvement. We're really proud of our little super-shooter!


Even Nana and Oompa got a snow day on Friday the 25th ...they brought lunch over and then watched Grant while Andy, Seth and I went sledding. It was warming up quickly and the snow was quickly melting...but we still had a few good rides


--got our taxes done! Can we all say REFUND!! YEAH! We're planning to use part of it to re-do the nursery into a BIG BIG boy room for Seth. Grant will move into the BIG boy room (Seths) Not sure if I'm ready to not have a crib...but my boys are growing up! And since Grant can climb out of it...guess that means he is ready for a bed!
--had a fun family Friday night at the Y and then with pizza (or Subway), movie and popcorn!
--watched Inseption...wow...that was deep and confusing...and the end really really bothered me! (Wow, I've seen like 3 Oscar nominated movies this year...that's a record)
--spent an afternoon with Grandma & Ted
--spent a night in Indy with my highschool friends and their families
Life is busy...but good!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I love your updates!!! Looks like your little ones are growing really fast, and so it Kate's Kart! Congratulations on the newest Kart in operation!

Deanna said...

Hi friend! I am so excited that you guys are headed to KCH and my old hometown!! :) Love and miss you! Any days coming up when you aren't babysitting and want to head this way?!