Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cougar Pride


Wow, am I so proud of this kid! Today was the 1st of his school's Cougar Celebrations (which is like a all-school assembly/pep session). He came home with the cougar pride award. This award (from my understanding) is given out once a month (chosen by teachers and staff) to 2 kids from each grade level (a boy and girl, I think). Today...he got it...at the 1st one...in 1st grade!

So...evidently he's made a good 1st impression on his teacher this year (or he's got them completely fooled). We are so proud of him. He really does AMAZING at school. He loves learning and wants to learn. In fact he keeps asking when he'll get homework.


In celebration...and just to reinforce how proud we were...we let him pick a place for ice cream. ( I personally was rooting for YoYo's)...but he chose DQ!

It is my hope and prayer that he continues to strive in school...academically and socially and behaviorally. So far, he is off to a GREAT start.

And...might I add that he has become obsessed with reading. He is turning into that kid that always has a book in front of his face. Tonight...we were saying our prayers and singing Jesus Loves Me like we always do! We look over...he's reading! (Grant, by the way, is running like a mad-man around the room/stairs). And right now...I've had to tell him 3 times to turn off his light! But really...how can you get mad when he is up there reading? He constantly begs for "1 more chapter." I can't start reading a chapter book to him without reading the whole thing. I always cherished that time together...laying in bed together...reading. Tonight...he was reading on his own a book he started after school...and wanted to finish the book on his own...part of my heart broke. He is growing up...WAY TOO FAST. At least he still needs me to tie his shoes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oompa and Nana are also very proud

Jenna said...

Hi
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. That is so awesome about your son getting the award, I bet you are very proud parents. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com